Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Tufts UEP Program

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2011

Tufts UEP Program

Any thoughts on Tufts' Urban and Environmental Planning program? I know that it is not a "traditional" planning program, but its core courses are similar to other programs and its professors and staff are really flexible in letting you study what you want, including taking classes at other planning schools in the Boston area. For someone such as myself who wants to study planning in the Boston area, I think that UEP will still provide me with the skills (including GIS, field projects, and internships) necessary to get a job in planning.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2008
    I am an alumnus of the program and I was happy with my experience. Tufts has a strong network of alumni in the Boston/NY DC CA planning network of local, state, NGO and private sectors. My focus wasn't pure city planning if you will and my classmates said if you are that might be a weakness compared to MIT and Harvard in regards to course selection. For environmental policy, the EPA's top air official in DC is a UEP alumna so your career ceiling is not limited if that is important to you.

PM me any questions and please email because I don't check this as often as I used to.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2011

@ sleepy sheep

I sent you a PM

I would also appreciate some advice about Tufts! I can't figure out how to PM or email though...would someone help me out with that first Thanks

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. USC and Tufts
    Student Commons
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 06 Apr 2011, 12:44 PM
  2. MPA at Pitt vs. Tufts UEP
    Student Commons
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 11 May 2010, 5:53 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last post: 24 Mar 2010, 3:20 PM