Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Poll results: what kind of auto do you drive?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • citroen

1 9.09%
  • peugeot

3 27.27%
  • renault

0 0%
  • alfa romeo

1 9.09%
  • opel

2 18.18%
  • vauxhall

0 0%
  • seat

0 0%
  • dacia

0 0%
  • skoda

0 0%
  • lada

0 0%
  • something else

2 18.18%
  • why do you like america?

2 18.18%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: europlanner autos: what do you drive?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

europlanner autos: what do you drive?

we are not nearly as auto-obsessed as those stupid americans and the pedestrian-hostile cities they create for themselves. however, we still make the best autos on the planet, with far more style, finesse, and craftsmanship than anything that has ever come out of a factory in those ruins they call detroit. when you are forced to find yourself behind the wheel of an auto, and not walking in the fresh pollution-free european air, or on a tram with five-minute off-peak headways, what do you drive?

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Feb 2004
    if I am to travel and it will take too long to walk, I will cycle. if I am to travel further than 50 kilometres, often a train I will take. in the unlikely event I am forced to drive an auto-mobile I will drive an opel. and now we will dance.
    Last edited by Maister; 01 Apr 2012 at 10:05 PM.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Being an ugly american I drive an Opal varient known as the Volt. It is superior to all eurocars.

Why no Daimler Smartcar or BMW Mini?
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    My Reliant Robin just rolled over again in the round-a-bout.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner View post
    Why no Daimler Smartcar or BMW Mini?
    i have only listed autos that estupide americains do not drive. no sane european would dare be seen in an auto that a fat american is also driving through the drive-through window of their mcdonalds to get one of their 40 piece mcnuggets and a one litre coca-cola for what they call a light snack.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    i have only listed autos that estupide americains do not drive. no sane european would dare be seen in an auto that a fat american is also driving through the drive-through window of their mcdonalds to get one of their 40 piece mcnuggets and a one litre coca-cola for what they call a light snack.
    As an aside this reminds me of my trip to Ireland. The food there was uniformly terrible. Whenever we would see a McDonalds the driver would pull over so we could get something edible. Never so happy to see a McDonalds in my life! Our car? an Opel Astra. The driver? Whoever would lose the fight for the day. Driving a manual car with the driver sitting on the wrong side and shifting with the left hand was quite the challenge. Belive it or not, round-abouts were welcome compared to normal intersections as everything was backwards from the american point of view. No wonder euros think these things of us. Seeing the Golden Arches was a welcome site
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Apr 2006
    I only drive French made autos because they have the largest ashtrays.
    "You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it,..." -Bane

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Deutche Bahn is far more efficient and superior option to any road vehicle, however, when I must go out into the field to inspect and maintain the wind and solar farms, I take my 2002 Renault Megane, equipped with 1.2L diesel motor, manual transmission, and low rolling resistance tires.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 09 May 2009, 8:04 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last post: 23 Apr 2009, 1:44 PM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last post: 09 Nov 2005, 9:59 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last post: 19 Dec 2004, 10:19 AM
  5. So how much do you drive your car?
    Friday Afternoon Club