Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jam of the day

Registered
    Feb 2004
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Here comes the Sun - The Beatles
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2004
    "Uncle John's Band" by the Grateful Dead

Registered
    Jul 2011
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Kick out the Jams by MC5
    Proof that Detroit influenced the world of music beyond Motown

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Something from this list would have been appropriate. Who's IT department blocks this page?
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2010

In memory of Levon Helm

Anything by the Band.
    Favorites include The Weight, Cripple Creek, Dixie Down and Music from Big Pink

Registered
    Feb 2004

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Underneath it All - No Doubt

Registered
    Feb 2004

Registered
    Feb 2004
    'Cannonball' the Breeders

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    "Bohemian like you" by the Dandy Warhols

Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I watched O, Brother... last night. It has such a wonderful soundtrack. amc aired it with "story notes" - little snippets of info related to the movie. It had great information about the music with info on the original song writes and then the performers for the soundtrack.

My favorite songs from that movie:
    I'll fly away and You are my sunshine

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult (not only an awesome tune but someone has put together a great video - 6 yo's comment "daddy, that's just a guy in a monster suit")

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Me and Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to looooooooooooose

Registered
    Feb 2004
    At over 8 minutes the classic rock stations won't often touch it, but here for your listening pleasure is "Kashmir" by Led Zep

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Flashback to college: Send Me on My Way by Rusted Root

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Bread and Butter - The Newbeats

“Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Bread and Butter - The Newbeats
    I love that song! Great to sing along.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    This thread must not die..

Something to start your weekend: Fleetwood Mac/Hypnotized

http://youtu.be/8yA2i60AVIw
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    After a day by the pool...turn up the volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTCyO...eature=mh_lolz

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Missed a few days.

'Money for Nothing' - Dire Straits

'Werewolves of London' - Warren Zevon

Papa Ooh mow mow - The Rivingtons

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2012
    Can anyone posts some "good" music or is this just for OP? I don't want to post what I consider to be good music and derail your thread...

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Huck View post
    Can anyone posts some "good" music or is this just for OP? I don't want to post what I consider to be good music and derail your thread...
    Absolutely post your own 'good' music for others to enjoy. That is the purpose of this thread.

Registered
    Aug 2005

I like gnomes.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast