Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jam of the day

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    How about a little 1956 bluesey rock on this warm Saturday evening?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf59KvNokwk

Bear
    I love that!! What a find! Bear, you need to post more jams.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Even though there is no such thing as "a little Billy Stewart", here's a great jam to prep us for summer, just weeks away (and already feeling like summertime all over the midwest and coast). Great tune that reminds me of my youth. Here's a "little Billy Stewart" number for ya.

Bear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDLDl0_pt_k
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    "Mustt Mustt" - Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (Massive Attack remix)
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2003
    If you jump into the Wayback Machine, set the dial for the 1950s, Isha Laye Way, Toledo, Ohio, ranch house basement.....you will find youself joining this Bear and his younger brother listening to this great tune.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaGb0m7W1Q0

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    'Katmandu' - Bob Seger

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    'Katmandu' - Bob Seger
    Should have played some Doc Watson.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    May 2003
    Back in the late 1940s and on into the mid 1950s my Dad always bought Oldsmobile Rocket 88s. Thus tune is considered by many to be the very first rock and roll song. Enjoy the ride.

Just wonderin'.....is there a double-meaning to this tune? Hmmmmm.....

Bear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcFIj8OuIEI
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2003
    Here's a little ELP for ya.

Bear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to_8kZCQalQ
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    'Never say Never' - Romeo Void

Registered
    Feb 2004
    'Bela Lugosi's Dead' - Bauhaus (many credit this 1979 tune as being the first 'goth' song)

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits

“Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Back in the late 1940s and on into the mid 1950s my Dad always bought Oldsmobile Rocket 88s. Thus tune is considered by many to be the very first rock and roll song. Enjoy the ride.

Just wonderin'.....is there a double-meaning to this tune? Hmmmmm.....

Bear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcFIj8OuIEI
    Love videos that feature images of the old 45. Chess records was a major blues label back in the day.

Registered
    May 2003

Twin Spin

Hey, kids.....thanks for tuning in to the "Big Sound of the Valley", KPUT.....rocking and a rolling for you! Here's a "twin spin" for ya, featuring a whole gang of rockers.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4UcaLHaabY

Bear

NOTE: Check out all the famous faces. And Dylan's poems are everlasting.
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2003

Chicago Boogie

How about a little "Chicago Boogie" to get you going on a nice Sunday morning?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ygsx_hwxM

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Since that Bear launched us into a boogie beat I guess it's time for some Ray Charles - Mess Around

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Sure you can hear 'Born to be Wild' any day of the week on classic rock radio, but here you can see it set to the right imagery in the intro to that quintessential 1960's flick 'Easy Rider'

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Sure you can hear 'Born to be Wild' any day of the week on classic rock radio, but here you can see it set to the right imagery in the intro to that quintessential 1960's flick 'Easy Rider'
    Great selection! Would you believe that I was just listening to this on my way to the office this morning:

"Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2005
    I've always been partial to grape jelly.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Beg, Steal or Borrow - Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs

Registered
    May 2003
    "Farmer John". Sure sounds like they were having a blast recording this tune.

Bear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKVLAiyDIzw

We said "blast" a lot in the 1960s. Is it still used by the young'n's?
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Feb 2004

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    In Memory of Bob Welch

Fleetwood Mac Hypnotized
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    'Walking on the Sun' - Smashmouth (this video is far superior to Smashmouth's IMO)

Registered
    Aug 2005
    'Walking on the Sun' - Smashmouth (this video is far superior to Smashmouth's IMO)
    Really? I suppose everyone is entitled to like a questionable song every now and then but be careful, you're treading close to losing street cred with that one.

In order to save this thread I offer:

Feel Good inc. by Gorillaz

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Really? I suppose everyone is entitled to like a questionable song every now and then but be careful, you're treading close to losing street cred with that one.
    What can I say in my defense other than my tastes are so eclectic that they subsume the non-hip.

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast