Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Article & List - The 51 Spookiest Spots You Can Visit Across The United States.

Registered
    Jun 2003

Article & List - The 51 Spookiest Spots You Can Visit Across The United States.

http://www.viralnova.com/haunted-usa/

Have you visited any of these sites ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Been to the Bird Cage in Arizona. I didn't hear, see, or feel anything, but people always say they do. I hear the old timer ghosts like to pinch the pretty ladies!

For Kansas, I haven't been to either, but I hear Stull, Kansas is much creepier than the WSU arena. Stull is the "gateway to hell" and people tell me they have weird experiences anytime they're nearby.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Yup

Bird Cage- Tombstone AZ and yes it was creepy
    The Stanley Hotel- A weird aura
    Biltmore Florida- Felt nothing at all....my wallet was severely harmed during the visit!
    Harper's Ferry WV- My favorite East Coast place and yes it has that haunted feel!

While visiting Oatman Arizona's Oatman Hotel- Site of Clark Gable & Carole Lombard's honeymoon. They say the ghost there is nice.....but I've never felt a worse sensation of dread in my life than on the second floor landing......like panic setting in......
    Skilled Adoxographer
    I have two emotions....Silence and Rage

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2007
    In San Diego:

- Harbison Canyon, San Diego County - desolate ravine, long believed to be multiply haunted, by a hitchhiking girl who mysteriously appears in one's back seat when one drives through the canyon, by a lion-like beast (perhaps a real mountain lion or the ghost of one) and by a tribe of blue-colored men (dunno where that last one comes from)
    - El Campo Santo cemetery, old town - an 1850s wood grave marker cemetery that's been repeatedly desegrated over the years and thus purportedly badly haunted
    - San Pasqual Valley battle memorial and cemetery - spooky out of the way site of a battle in 1846 that saw a significant part of General Kearny's Army of the West impaled on the lances of the Presidial Lancers Los Galgos, in a failed attempt by the US to outflank the Californio defense of the besieged San Diego
    - San Luis Rey de Francia, the misiones complex where up to 2,000 people held there reportedly died in 1798-99, The ruins of the lavandaria (outdoor launderies) are very atmospheric. Unfortunately, I suspect the current owners (Roman Catholic Church) wouldn't really welcome Halloween festivities in their fortress, and don't particularly like being reminded of that chapter of their history anyway.
    Last edited by Cismontane; 17 Oct 2014 at 12:51 PM.

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    On that list, I've only been to the Capitol. The Capitol did have a very spiritual feel to it and I did feel a strong connection to the past, but no weird hauntings or anything.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Just Indiana Dunes State Park. Didn't know it was haunted.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Been to two on the list within the last six months - The Capitol (DC) and Moon River Brewpub (GA). Neither felt haunted. Neither are haunted. FWIW, speaking of Moon River (mmmm....beer), pretty much every building in downtown Savannah claims to be haunted...I've stayed overnight in several of those...it's fun to yell out from them at the Ghost Tours.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 28 Nov 2013, 10:53 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 30 Dec 2011, 9:04 AM
  3. United States of Apathy?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 01 Apr 2008, 1:37 PM
  4. Replies: 41
    Last post: 08 May 2006, 11:14 AM