Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: OUTRAGEOUSLY UNTRUE FACTS ABOUT FAMOUS PEOPLE

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries

OUTRAGEOUSLY UNTRUE FACTS ABOUT FAMOUS PEOPLE

My son's class is having a living wax museum today, where the students portray the famous person from the Colonial and Revolutionary War periods. Each student dresses in costume and recites a few facts about that person. My son chose Benjamin Franklin

Very good way to get children involved in American History. But a trifle boring.

Wouldn't it be more fun to make up facts about famous people?

BEN FRANKLIN - THE UNTOLD STORY

1) It is true that Benjamin Franklin helped start the first fire insurance company in America (the Philadelphia Contributionship), but did you know that a month later his printing shop burned down in a suspicious fire?

2) Not only did Ben Franklin invent the bifocals, according to an uncomfortable experience several Founding Fathers had with Ben at a Turkish Bath, Ben may also have been bi-curious?

3) Benjamin Franklin created the Ben Franklin Craft Store chain because of his life-long love of macrame and scrapbooking.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Abe Lincoln was a vampire hunter. A documentary about that comes out this summer.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Blide View post
    Abe Lincoln was a vampire hunter. A documentary about that comes out this summer.
    Luckily we know this from his private diary entries that were lost after his death but recently found and compiled into an informative and insightful historic autobiography.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Blide View post
    I am sooo looking forward to seeing this. It sounds awesome!!
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    BEN FRANKLIN - THE UNTOLD STORY

1) It is true that Benjamin Franklin helped start the first fire insurance company in America (the Philadelphia Contributionship), but did you know that a month later his printing shop burned down in a suspicious fire?

2) Not only did Ben Franklin invent the bifocals, according to an uncomfortable experience several Founding Fathers had with Ben at a Turkish Bath, Ben may also have been bi-curious?

3) Benjamin Franklin created the Ben Franklin Craft Store chain because of his life-long love of macrame and scrapbooking.
    This is excellent material. Good enough to be a 'humorist' I say.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Interesting Facts about Cyburbia
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 24
    Last post: 06 May 2013, 9:43 AM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last post: 18 Aug 2006, 11:02 AM
  3. Famous people and addiction
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 28
    Last post: 04 Aug 2006, 11:37 AM