Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Late application to Ryerson's accelerated MPl for Fall 2012

Registered
    Apr 2012

Late application to Ryerson's accelerated MPl for Fall 2012

Hello everyone,

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong spot. Anywho, I'm applying to Ryerson's Accelerated MPl program for Sept 2012. (After calling the school the admission woman told me to just apply right away) I'm wondering if there is anyone who applied late and got accepted or accepted off of a wait list? I just have to hustle before they close application eeekkk.

Thanks in advance for info and answers. Sorry again if I posted this in the wrong spot.

smiles,

teambear

Registered
    Apr 2012
    I don't think you have to worry too much about applications still closing! I applied to Ryerson's MPl back in January for the regular stream and I'm still waiting to hear from them! When I went to their information session, they said out of the 30 students they admit each year, about 5 are part of the accelerated stream. However last year (Fall 2011) they didn't have a single accelerated stream student

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Hi there ! I applied to the accelerated stream at the beginning of march, but i think my application started getting reviewed near the end of march, haven't heard anything either. Tempted to call and ask for a status on my application but I'm not too sure if I should attempt that.

Registered
    Apr 2012
    I would definitely recommend calling. I called them today and if they're still considering me and my lateness, I know that you'll hear back soon. The program closed today so I think they are going to start sending out results soon.

@Meaghancdn Do you have a lot of planning experience?

Good luck

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Ok good to know, yeah I'll give them a call tomorrow then.

I have about 6 years of work experience, you?

Registered
    Apr 2012
    I have around 2 years of related planning experience + the undergrad from waterloo so i'll see what happens with this.

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Yeah I just called today, pretty much got the same response, that they are not accepting anymore applications and they are all being reviewed.

The waiting is the worst part, also b/c I need to have enough time to tell my employer, since my plan is to keep my job whilst going to school. So ideally I would like as much notice as possible so I can bring it up to them.

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Waiting is definitely the worst part. I'm assuming they'll start sending out results starting soon until august. I am considering just working for a year then re-applying "on time" next year when I have even more work experience. Or maybe i'll finish up at UofC...

Good luck to all the Ryerson applicants waiting. I know how you feel.

Registered
    May 2012
    Has anyone received an acceptance or rejection lately? Are we all still waiting?? Hmm...

still waiting..

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Still waiting as well, i hope we hear something soon !!

Registered
    Apr 2012

Question while we wait

I have a question while we all wait. I'm wondering if anyone knows if MPl allows students to do a minor while in the program?

Registered
    Apr 2012

Question while we wait

I have a question while we all wait. I'm wondering if anyone knows if MPl allows students to do a minor while in the program? Can grad students take undergrad minors?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    You are not enrolled in any undergraduate program; therefore, you cannot take a minor. Besides, there is no time to take additional courses when you have so many mandatory ones.

Registered
    Apr 2012

Got my decision

hi everyone, just got my decision emailed to me, got rejected its ok though, can't be too greedy did get my Bachelors in Planning from Ryerson lol

Best of luck everyone !!

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Omg @Meaghancdn I thought you'd be a shoe in. The program director told me that applicants to the accelerated program normally need 4-5 years of experience. blah. Good luck in the future though

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Thanks @teambear !! Best of luck to you !!

My rejection letter said it was about marks, so i'm guessing the program must be super competitive this year !!

Registered
    May 2012
    I'm getting nervous now. I wish they would say how many spots are left so we can get on with our lives.

Registered
    Apr 2012
    I had a quick convo with program admin woman. I was prying info outta her and asking some separate questions for fall 2013 lol. She said the program is practically almost full and she's not sure how many more acceptances will be sent out (maybe a few). (popular program!) That's what I expected to hear. (kicking myself for not applying earlier).

Good luck to everyone left waiting though.

Registered
    Apr 2012

Didn't get in. Moral of the story. Apply on-time!

Well I didn't get in this round. I'll be applying for Fall 2013 "on-time". I don't feel bad at all hahaha. Good luck to everyone though. I might just work and not do grad school at all.

Good luck. And apply on time. If you miss first round application deadline just wait until the next year. Save your $$$.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 4
    Last post: 05 Aug 2013, 1:03 AM
  2. School: CUNY/Hunter Hunter College Fall 2012?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 16 May 2012, 10:54 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 23 Apr 2012, 8:29 AM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last post: 05 May 2010, 5:02 PM
  5. Better late than never...
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 21 Apr 2003, 8:46 AM