Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: You'd Think I Would Have Learned By Now...

  1. #1
    Cyburbian ofos's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Slightly Off-Center
    Posts
    8,289

    You'd Think I Would Have Learned By Now...

    After a combined total of more than 40 years of marriage to two very different women, you'd think that I would have learned all the ways and wiles of the opposite sex. You know, she says one thing but it means something else? And yet, I fell for another one this weekend.

    There we were, having a nice brunch at a local restaurant, and she says "What are your plans for the afternoon?".

    So I think, "Hmmm, I'd like to watch a ballgame but I wonder what she's thinking <Insert fantasy here> we could do to while away the day?" .

    So I say, "Nothing really, why?".

    And she says "You need to mow the lawn."
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

  2. #2
    Super Moderator kjel's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wishing I were in Asia somewhere!
    Posts
    10,685
    Blog entries
    5
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    After a combined total of more than 40 years of marriage to two very different women, you'd think that I would have learned all the ways and wiles of the opposite sex. You know, she says one thing but it means something else? And yet, I fell for another one this weekend.

    There we were, having a nice brunch at a local restaurant, and she says "What are your plans for the afternoon?".

    So I think, "Hmmm, I'd like to watch a ballgame but I wonder what she's thinking <Insert fantasy here> we could do to while away the day?" .

    So I say, "Nothing really, why?".

    And she says "You need to mow the lawn."
    Well at least she didn't make you guess.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

  3. #3
    Cyburbian ofos's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Slightly Off-Center
    Posts
    8,289
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    Well at least she didn't make you guess.
    True, but you'd think that I would have known if I "needed" to mow the lawn.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

  4. #4
    Super Moderator kjel's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wishing I were in Asia somewhere!
    Posts
    10,685
    Blog entries
    5
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    True, but you'd think that I would have known if I "needed" to mow the lawn.
    Not at all.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

  5. #5
    Cyburbian Mud Princess's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    4,898
    "Mow the lawn"? Is that what they're calling it now??


  6. #6
    Cyburbian SW MI Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,193
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    True, but you'd think that I would have known if I "needed" to mow the lawn.
    I've come to realize that men and women usually have very different standards when it comes to that stuff, ie sweeping floors, wiping counters, mowing lawns, etc.

  7. #7
    Cyburbian Wannaplan?'s avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gale Crater
    Posts
    2,999
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    "Mow the lawn"? Is that what they're calling it now??

    "Trim the bushes" is so passe.

  8. #8
    Cyburbian ofos's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Slightly Off-Center
    Posts
    8,289
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    "Mow the lawn"? Is that what they're calling it now??

    Quote Originally posted by Wannaplan? View post
    "Trim the bushes" is so passe.
    You mean I wasted all that time outdoors?
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

  9. #9
    Cyburbian btrage's avatar
    Registered
    May 2005
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    6,426
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    You mean I wasted all that time outdoors?
    Not at all. It was necessary for you to mow the lawn, in order to trim the bushes.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

  10. #10
    Cyburbian DetroitPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the weak are killed and eaten.
    Posts
    6,247
    This thread reminds me of something I saw while driving down the road this weekend. A guy and his buddy were getting ready to go on, or just coming back from a ride on thier Harleys and the wife was mowing the lawn!

  11. #11
    Cyburbian Wannaplan?'s avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gale Crater
    Posts
    2,999
    Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner View post
    This thread reminds me of something I saw while driving down the road this weekend. A guy and his buddy were getting ready to go on, or just coming back from a ride on thier Harleys and the wife was mowing the lawn!
    Lots of bromance going on in this post

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

  1. Today I learned ...
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 232
    Last post: 08 Mar 2017, 9:30 AM
  2. Lessons Learned
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 01 Sep 2010, 8:04 PM
  3. What I've learned from estate sales
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 29 Aug 2010, 4:31 PM
  4. Learned about the position...
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 11 Apr 2006, 10:08 AM
  5. Replies: 34
    Last post: 27 Jul 2004, 12:54 PM