Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: PhD in urban policy

PhD in urban policy

Dear all,
    I am a masters in public policy with a undergrad degree in economics. I am desirous of applying for a Phd in public policy specializing in urban policy issues (in 2013). I have had worked in research profiles before and currently I am working with national level ministries responsible for urban development, urban housing and poverty alleviation and am closely involved in policy formulation.

My queries are as follows and would be great to hear from those who can enlighten me on this

1. If I could be suggested good/premier schools and universities that are known for their work (academic research, practice or both) for issues relating to land use, urban transport and/or both and interaction between them and thus the myriad of issues relating to them including sustainable transport, value capture, urban financing and so on. Would be great if I could be suggested schools across America and Europe but other good institutins across other geographies will be good to know too.

2. How much GPA (out of 5) is considered to be a good GPA for a PhD in public policy

Registered
    May 2010
    Quote Originally posted by MADPJZH View post
    Dear all,
    I am a masters in public policy with a undergrad degree in economics. I am desirous of applying for a Phd in public policy specializing in urban policy issues (in 2013). I have had worked in research profiles before and currently I am working with national level ministries responsible for urban development, urban housing and poverty alleviation and am closely involved in policy formulation.

My queries are as follows and would be great to hear from those who can enlighten me on this

1. If I could be suggested good/premier schools and universities that are known for their work (academic research, practice or both) for issues relating to land use, urban transport and/or both and interaction between them and thus the myriad of issues relating to them including sustainable transport, value capture, urban financing and so on. Would be great if I could be suggested schools across America and Europe but other good institutins across other geographies will be good to know too.

2. How much GPA (out of 5) is considered to be a good GPA for a PhD in public policy
    Some schools I would recommend on the West Coast are USC (Sol Price school of Public Policy), UCLA Urban Planning, and UC_Berkeley/

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. MPA in urban policy and planning
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 24
    Last post: 12 Apr 2011, 2:34 PM
  2. State urban policy agenda?
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 07 Jul 2009, 9:09 PM
  3. Public policy = urban design job?
    Career Development and Advice