Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Hi from Oklahoma City

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2012

Hi from Oklahoma City

I wanted to introduce myself, I have been lurking these forums for a while now and have had a few small posts, but seeing that this habit will probably be continuing... I thought it was time to introduce myself.

I from Oklahoma City (Go Thunder!) and have a background in drafting at land surveying firm (3rd generation surveyor actually) mostly designing sub-divisions and site plans, though in this economy a LOT of repo-surveys as well (the banks would give any one with a deed a mortgage!) I am finishing a Master's in Political Science and Public Administration now and will be going to OU this Fall to start a second masters in City and Regional Planning (I guess I am addicted to college). I have interned in city management before so am comfortable with the public side of the Planner career, but haven't made any firm choices where I want to end up yet.

I'm happy I found this little community, it seems quite active and a good place to vent, seldom shy from delivering brutally honest, if sometimes depressing, information about the field and what it's going through.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! Glad to have you. Please continue to join in on the fun.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I'm glad you've joined our party, J! Feel free to vent anytime; we'll be here to listen. Hopefully, TexanOkie, Cyburbia's proudest Oklahoma booster and a brilliant young planner/law student, will come along and say "hi!" too.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    welcome from the Maine Lakes region

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Hello from Oklahoma.
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 07 Jan 2013, 2:43 PM
  2. Oklahoma City Bombing-14 years later
    Friday Afternoon Club