Urban planning community

Poll results: Is Jason Momoa handsome or creepy?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hubba hubba handsome.

0 0%
  • Ugh! Get the pitchforks.

3 16.67%
  • I only watched Baywatch for the boobies.

2 11.11%
  • I only watch Game for Thrones for the boobies.

3 16.67%
  • A poll for this? Really? Maister should be punished.

7 38.89%
  • I do not wish to disclose my feelings towards America.

3 16.67%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: Handsome or Scary?

Registered
    Aug 2005

Handsome or Scary?

I've been trying to decide if Jason Momoa (Jason Ioane from Baywatch; Roman from The Game; Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones; Conan of Conan the Barbarian) is handsome or scary. Thoughts? He has attractive features but perhaps it is his intensity or his eyebrows that kinda wig me out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	185655-jason-momoa-150.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	4927

Registered
    Feb 2004
    What is it with chicks and guys with huge manes of hair?

I don't care if it's Fabio, any guy who wears his hair that long is at least unsavory, if not downright scary.

dandy, it is possible you are suffering at the cruel hands of hormones!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Therefore I have no opinion about this Jason fellow.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Let's change the photo to to Pippa (sister of the queen to be). Then I would vote HOT.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    I'd like to point out that just as HATE is not the opposite of LOVE, SCARY may not be the opposite of HANDSOME. He can be both, and probably is. The fact is, maybe you like a little scary, eh? Is that the case?
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    May 2004
    Grrrr. Woof woof! arg
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    Let's change the photo to to Pippa (sister of the queen to be). Then I would vote HOT.
    Pippa...really? I think her sister is far more attractive.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    I'd like to point out that just as HATE is not the opposite of LOVE, SCARY may not be the opposite of HANDSOME. He can be both, and probably is. The fact is, maybe you like a little scary, eh? Is that the case?
    Exactly what I was going to say - the fact that he is kind of scary makes him even more hot!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    I second that notion.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    May 2005
    I don't find either of them particularly attractive. Princess Diana was on the ugly side as well.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    What is it with chicks and guys with huge manes of hair?

I don't care if it's Fabio, any guy who wears his hair that long is at least unsavory, if not downright scary.

dandy, it is possible you are suffering at the cruel hands of hormones!
    I'd take a baldy over a mane of hair any day. There are pictures of that guy with shorter hair (and better eyebrows) and he definitely is more attractive.

Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    I think my head and my hormones are in conflict over how to categorize this guy. I can see that most of his features make him attractive but he looks a bit menacing. I have been known to pursue a bad boy or two but those guys weren't physically threateningly scary like this guy kinda seems.

Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner View post
    Exactly what I was going to say - the fact that he is kind of scary makes him even more hot!
    I can't get past his eyebrows. He does have a nice body though! He's from Hawaii and looks pretty good with a surfboard!

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I don't find either of them particularly attractive. Princess Diana was on the ugly side as well.
    Really?
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I second that notion.
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Really?
    Let's face it, as long as they aren't in the Big Book of British Smiles, somebody will they're hot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BS.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	4929
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I've never seen this guy before, so based on this one pic: yuck. And I'd probably cross the road if he was headed in my direction on a sidewalk.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I'd take a baldy over a mane of hair any day. There are pictures of that guy with shorter hair (and better eyebrows) and he definitely is more attractive.

I think my head and my hormones are in conflict over how to categorize this guy. I can see that most of his features make him attractive but he looks a bit menacing. I have been known to pursue a bad boy or two but those guys weren't physically threateningly scary like this guy kinda seems.
    Ditto the baldy thing! I have never been one for long(er) hair, and actually attracted to bald men. Same with the guy above - he looks a lot better with short hair. And he does look menacing, but in some of the other pictures that are more candid where he is laughing or smiling I think he looks pretty hot.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Are you scary?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 59
    Last post: 27 Apr 2006, 4:06 PM
  2. Scary, scary, scary drive to work
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 15
    Last post: 29 Jan 2004, 1:46 PM