Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: UDAG grants

Registered
    Nov 2002

UDAG grants

Anyone know anything about working in areas with old UDAG grants? Is there a time period you have to leave the "improvements" you made in place even if they are outdated and no longer necessarily "improvements"?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Wow. UDAGs. That was a long time ago. You will want to check the original contract, but in most cases the UDAGs did not have any provisions as to maintaining improvements, or to how returned loan funds might be used, etc. It was pretty much "stringless" money.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2012
    You've got to be talking improvements that are in excess of 30+ years old.I left the communities where I got UDAG funding so many years ago but I do know that in one case they demo'd a parking garage built with UDAG money only 20 years after it was built. Don't recall hearing anything about it having to be repaid...or the garage replaced.

Registered
    Feb 1998
    Hopefully you or HUD can find the close-out paperwork. That would provide the answer. Considering that the HUD people that worked on the project are retired or dead, I believe you can do whatever you want. After a UDAG project was finished, the money was tracked more than the project itself.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I don't think we can find much original paperwork but it sounds like we may be OK. I will keep digging.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Grants and planning
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 08 Feb 2012, 1:39 PM
  2. Church grants
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 09 Jan 2007, 3:57 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last post: 13 Jul 2006, 2:07 PM