Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Illinois-Urbana with funding or UW-Madison?

Illinois-Urbana with funding or UW-Madison?

I was wondering if anyone can offer any insight into whether it would be better to go to Illinois at Urbana-Champaign which has offered me a tuition waiver for one year and a TA position or to UW-Madison where I currently live and have a job in the planning field but have not received any tuition waiver. I would ultimately like to live in Wisconsin and work for a land trust. Both schools appear to be equal in regard to offering courses that focus on farmland and open space protection. I do question the number of possible internships/jobs that exist in Urbana (small town) vs Madison (a capital city with state jobs). I was also accepted at Minnesota but their program didn't seem to match my interests.

Thanks!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    In-state tuition plus being able to live at home exceeds the savings of any tuition waver. Then when you add to the fact you already have a job and want to continue to live in Wisconsin, UW-Madison seems like the obvious choice.

Registered
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Blide View post
    In-state tuition plus being able to live at home exceeds the savings of any tuition waver. Then when you add to the fact you already have a job and want to continue to live in Wisconsin, UW-Madison seems like the obvious choice.
    Seconded.
    -------
    Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. What school? UW-Madison or UVA
    Student Commons
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 20 Apr 2013, 6:44 PM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last post: 18 Jul 2007, 11:34 PM
  3. UI Urbana - Champaign?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 10
    Last post: 22 Mar 2007, 8:43 AM