Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Site weirdness

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Site weirdness

The site's been acting strange this weekend, with database issues. I've been repairing them as they emerge, and I just did a backup just in case.

Work is going to be busy this week with the release of the first draft of a new comp plan, so I won't be online that much. The mods will be getting my number if anything comes up.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Okay, some of the problems are thanks to Daum, a Korean search engine spider. The IP range used by Daum has been blocked for a while, because it's extremely aggressive when it crawls Cyburbia, and their spiders seem to ignore the robots.txt protocol. We blocked the Daum spider in the past, but it started accessing Cyburbia from a couple of new IP blocks. They've been added to the block.

I also blocked a Russian IP address that was hitting up pages 20 or 30 times in a second, and for good measure, the entire amazonaws.com IP range, where hundreds of SEO-related bots and spiders make their home.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. My site
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 12 Dec 2012, 12:18 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last post: 22 Mar 2011, 7:00 PM
  3. On-site/off-site parking requirements
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 10 May 2008, 8:41 AM