Okay, this is how we do it.
1) You'll see a thread started by myself or one of the other North Division moderators titled "North Draft - Round 1" and so on...
2) In the first post, you'll see the draft order for that round.
3) When it comes to your turn, you do two things... you select a player that is not on a keeper list or previously chosen, and you set the clock for the next team.
4) The "clock" is the amount of time a team has to make the next selection. We will start out with a generous amount of time (6 hours) and by the end of the draft have it down to 1-2 hours, depending on the time left before the season begins. The clock is suspended over the week-end (6 PM Eastern Friday to 9 AM Eastern Monday), and at night between the hours of 6PM Eastern to 9 AM Eastern.
5) I will continue to edit the "Draft Results" thread with the selected players, and open up new threads as we finish rounds.
The "Viking Rule" Explained (Named for the Minnesota Vikings draft faux pas of 2003):
If a team picks at 10:00 a.m. EST (We keep the same time zone, even though we're all over the place), and there is a 6 hour limit, the next team has until 4:00 p.m. to select. If that team has not picked by that time, at 4:01 p.m. the next team may draft a player.
When the team that has "gone Viking" realizes they have been passed over, they may make their selection at any time, noting at the top of the post it is a "Viking Pick", however they may not select players drafted by any other teams, including those selected after their original spot in the order.
A Helpful Hint or Two - First, make a cheat sheet. List all the players, then cross off those who are keepers, and continue to cross them off as they are selected. Second, check the draft thread often for two reasons. If there are six teams to draft ahead of you, and the clock is at four hours, you don't have 24 hours to select! If all six pick in a five minute window... four hours later, you go Viking! Also, even if you keep a good record on your cheat sheet, you could pick a player already selected. We'll catch it, and post it, but if you run off and your time runs out... guess what? You go Viking! Avoid that at all costs...
Lastly, we'll make some smack talk threads, so in the actual drafting thread, just post your selection and the clock time. Yeah, we call each other funny names from time to time, but no additional posts, please.