Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: The Pig That Barked Like a Dog and Founded a City

Registered
    Jan 2002

The Pig That Barked Like a Dog and Founded a City

A "must read" whimsical short story for all planners, zoners and developers. It will amaze, surprise and bewilder you. For a Free electronic copy, send your e-mail address to *EMAIL REMOVED. Enjoy!

Moderator note:
    *Hink How about you talk about it on here. We try and get people to discuss topics on Cyburbia, that way you are building the community. Again, if you would like to post a free copy on the site and discuss it, that is fine. Carry on.
    Last edited by Hink; 23 Jul 2012 at 4:31 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2002

A "must read" short story for all planners, zoners and developers. It will amaze, surprise and bewilder you. For a free electronic copy send your e-mail address to *EMAIL REMOVED. Enjoy.

Moderator note:
    *Hink Thanks. Now can you give us more information about your paper? I would love to have a discussion about this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hink; 24 Jul 2012 at 7:58 AM.

Registered
    Jan 2002

The Pig That Barks Like a Dog and Founded a City

It's just a story to be read and enjoyed by planners, zoners and developers that have to deal with government and community growth. I have tried to incorporate many of the typical(?) problems and situations that plenners, zoners and community developers have (or will probably) deal with sometime during their careers. It's a story that might give the Planning 101 students an idea of what might be in store fore them after graduation and working in the real world.Thanks for your interest. Neno

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    I can post it to the front page of the site if you'd like.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jan 2002

The Pig That Barks Like a Dog and Founded a City

Dear Dan: I will appreciate your posting the story on the Front Page.. Professional planning and community development is very stressful today. Any releif that the Pig Story brings to the reader is welcome and I thank you for the exposure it gets on Cyburbia. Neno

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jan 2002

If the reader enjoyed this story, I would like to suggest they also read "Vietnamese Pig Gotta Go" by the same auther. Enjoy!!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 16 Aug 2013, 4:29 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 24 Jul 2012, 9:57 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 27 Mar 2012, 2:56 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last post: 20 Jun 2005, 1:26 PM
  5. Replies: 51
    Last post: 15 Nov 2003, 1:50 PM