The City of Dallas Planning and Neighborhood Vitality Department is in need of an Urban Design Policy Analyst (Planner) for the Dallas citydesign studio to perform a variety of entry-level professional planning and urban design tasks. The individual would also provide assistance throughout the project process including research, analysis, preparation of design documents, reports and presentation material. The position requires participation in the public process and presentations under guidance.
• Compiles and analyzes data for planning purposes to assist in the formulation of sound planning and design proposals.
• Assists in the preparation of information and material for urban analyses and reports, including conceptual urban design documents.
• Identifies needs and issues in target areas to develop urban design recommendations.
• Meets with citizens and business interest groups to identify problems, goals and objectives, explain programs, and respond to questions.
• Provides design and research support to team members.
• Works from research and analysis to develop creative design solution and effective graphic representation.
• Prepares large and small-scale site plans, illustrative plans, massing studies, and diagrams to illustrate urban design objectives.
• Assists in preparation of final design documents including guidelines, reports, master planning documents and final presentation materials for meetings, workshops, and policy documents.
• Professional Degree in Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and/or Planning
• Two to Six (2-6) years of relevant experience
• Understanding and knowledge of planning topics such as land use, transportation, housing, economic development, sustainable development, equity, and zoning
• Understanding of urban design principles and theory associated with project design and execution
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and GIS, working knowledge of AutoCAD, sketch up and other 3D computer modeling preferred
• Ability to apply suitable planning and urban design principles
• Ability to listen and collaborate effectively with city staff, professional organizations, the development community, stakeholders and the public
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Collaborative and professional work ethic
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE AT: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/dallas/default.cfm
The application must be completed in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be considered.