Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 588

Thread: Graduate/PhD 2013-2014 applications and acceptance notices: United States

  1. #126
    Member
    Registered
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    22

    UVA

    Quote Originally posted by waterboy View post
    I'm still crossing my fingers for acceptance to UVA... that will make the decision much harder!
    I applied to UVA as well and I'm interested to know what attracts you to the program. For me, it's a combination of location (it's nearby, C'ville is great, in-state tuition) and reputation. I spoke with a grad who highly recommended it to me. She said she learned a lot skills/knowledge that she uses day-to-day in her job. I wasn't able to attend their open house and I haven't done as much research on individual profs as I have for other schools so I'm curious to hear your thoughts on UVA.

  2. #127
    Member
    Registered
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    10

    UIC

    Thanks, urbpol. Looks like UIC is out for me - didn't rec any emails unfortunately.

    Quote Originally posted by urbpol View post
    rsx_2006: Emails on PhD acceptances from UIC went out on Feb 19. It was a generic email - it did not contain our names or the name of the advisor we have been assigned.

  3. #128
    Quote Originally posted by Tyrone Slothrop View post
    Accepted to Iowa, which thrills me because it's a joint program with Health, Management, and Policy (seems like an extremely unique program). No funding for the first semester unfortunately, but it's still gonna be hard to pass this up.
    I was as well.

  4. #129
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    82

    UVA

    You identified great attributes of the UVA program that are attractive, and I would only add that there are certain professors, research opportunities and resources that are available at UVA. For example, they have great projects relative to food systems, preservation of culture and watershed management, which would all contribute to my area of interests. In addition, they have resources in other departments that would support my interests, and it's a Urban and Environmental Planning program, the only one of its kind.

    I'll do a rosary for both of us today!




    Quote Originally posted by yodeyad View post
    I applied to UVA as well and I'm interested to know what attracts you to the program. For me, it's a combination of location (it's nearby, C'ville is great, in-state tuition) and reputation. I spoke with a grad who highly recommended it to me. She said she learned a lot skills/knowledge that she uses day-to-day in her job. I wasn't able to attend their open house and I haven't done as much research on individual profs as I have for other schools so I'm curious to hear your thoughts on UVA.

  5. #130
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2011
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    61
    Do most programs call you?

  6. #131
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    82

    UC Irvine

    Received acceptance via email from Jayne Orlowski.

    No mention of funding.

  7. #132
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally posted by waterboy View post
    Received acceptance via email from Jayne Orlowski.

    No mention of funding.

    Wow Waterboy! You're on a roll! Congrats!

  8. #133
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    82
    I am.. and that's scary! I applied to seven schools out of fear that I wouldn't be accepted to one. Surprisingly, I will have to make a decision between a few schools. Still waiting to hear from UVA and UCLA before I make any firm decisions. Quite certain I won't go to UM unless they offer financial assistance.

    Good luck to you allygo!

    Quote Originally posted by allygo View post
    Wow Waterboy! You're on a roll! Congrats!

  9. #134
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    45
    Just got accepted to Penn!!!

  10. #135
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    82

    UCLA

    I checked the admission status page, and sure enough, there was a letter of acceptance!

    Unv. Michigan- Accepted
    UC Irvine- Accepted
    UCLA - Accepted
    Unv of Wisconsin -Madison - Accepted


    Pending:

    UVA
    Unv of Oregon
    Texas A&M

  11. #136
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2011
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally posted by waterboy View post
    I checked the admission status page, and sure enough, there was a letter of acceptance!

    Unv. Michigan- Accepted
    UC Irvine- Accepted
    UCLA - Accepted
    Unv of Wisconsin -Madison - Accepted


    Pending:

    UVA
    Unv of Oregon
    Texas A&M
    Still no decision for me, when did you submit your application? And congrats

  12. #137
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    82

    ucla

    I submitted the application right before the deadline. Check here: https://www.gradadmissions.ucla.edu/...sionStatus.asp

    use email/password used to submit application, and GOOD LUCK!




    Quote Originally posted by WooTang View post
    Still no decision for me, when did you submit your application? And congrats

  13. #138
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Emory, VA
    Posts
    30
    In at UNO no official funding yet, but they did say I "may be eligible" for a $12,000/yr scholarship and assistantships pending.



    Also, a quick question for anyone who'd know. I'm applying for an assistantship at Ball State (they have you apply after acceptance) and one of the requirements of the application was to state your "professional education objectives" and "strategies for their achievement." Is that more or less stating what level of education I hope to achieve and how I plan to do it (ie- full time student, ect.)

  14. #139
    Member
    Registered
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    6
    Do you know how UCLA and UCI send out their acceptances? Is it alphabetical?
    I'm going crazy checking my email every two seconds.

    Quote Originally posted by waterboy View post
    I submitted the application right before the deadline. Check here: https://www.gradadmissions.ucla.edu/...sionStatus.asp

    use email/password used to submit application, and GOOD LUCK!

  15. #140
    Member
    Registered
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    6
    Do you know how UCLA and UCI send out their acceptances? Is it alphabetical?
    I'm going crazy checking email every two seconds!

    Quote Originally posted by waterboy View post
    I submitted the application right before the deadline. Check here: https://www.gradadmissions.ucla.edu/...sionStatus.asp

    use email/password used to submit application, and GOOD LUCK!

  16. #141
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Across the pond
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally posted by SWVA View post
    Also, a quick question for anyone who'd know. I'm applying for an assistantship at Ball State (they have you apply after acceptance) and one of the requirements of the application was to state your "professional education objectives" and "strategies for their achievement." Is that more or less stating what level of education I hope to achieve and how I plan to do it (ie- full time student, ect.)
    Yes, I think so. Also discussing how you plan to change the world through your education would not hurt.

  17. #142
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    45
    No UCLA decision me me neither. I applied in mid-december.

  18. #143
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Across the pond
    Posts
    150

    UIC

    I got in a UIC. I most likely won't attend. I got a scholarship, but it won't cover everything. As I recall, you have to have to commit and then you are considered for other funding.

    Also, no word on UCLA. I'm pretty sure that they roll those out gradually.

  19. #144
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    42
    Congrats to Owego and all others! I checked UCLA...no decision

  20. #145
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    26
    I also was accepted at UIC today with tuition waiver and stipend for a TA/RA position. However I am responsible for the CUPPA department differential tuition of $5000, effectively reducing my stipend by more than half.

    I posted this not to wave in your face Queenducky21, but to let you know that more funding may not be on the way.

  21. #146
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Across the pond
    Posts
    150

    UIC Funding

    I emailed them and checked on funding, as I was curious and I had remembered some things from the Open House in 2010. It appears as if they have changed some of the funding for this year. The biggest thing is the addition of the Burnham Fellowship which covers 1/3 of tuition. In the email I received later today it disused how to apply for RA/ TA positions.

    I am not sure if I will try and secure funding as I have an offer from another school (fully funded) which suites my interests more.

  22. #147
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Across the pond
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally posted by zimzolla View post
    I also was accepted at UIC today with tuition waiver and stipend for a TA/RA position. .

    Oh, and congratulations on the TA/ RA! Is UIC your top choice?

  23. #148
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Midwest, God's gift to Planet Earth
    Posts
    123

    UIUC next steps

    This question is for QueenDucky21: On a different thread somewhere, you had mentioned you found something on UIUC's website or admission letter about recommended reading and/or software. I was wondering where you found that and if you could possibly share that link? I also got into U of I and couldn't find it on their website.

    Thanks a bunch!

  24. #149
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Midwest, God's gift to Planet Earth
    Posts
    123

    UPenn

    Quote Originally posted by Owego View post
    Just got accepted to Penn!!!
    Congratulations Owego! Out of curiosity, how did they notify you? Just wondering, because I haven't heard anything yet

  25. #150
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Across the pond
    Posts
    150

    UIUC Next Steps

    Since I live in Bulgaria, I can't make the open house. So they sent me a link to last years presentations. Will you be going to the open house?

    http://uiucurbanplanners.blogspot.co...pen-house.html

    Quote Originally posted by akshali2000 View post
    This question is for QueenDucky21: On a different thread somewhere, you had mentioned you found something on UIUC's website or admission letter about recommended reading and/or software. I was wondering where you found that and if you could possibly share that link? I also got into U of I and couldn't find it on their website.

    Thanks a bunch!

+ Reply to thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

  1. Replies: 135
    Last post: 07 Oct 2014, 2:33 AM
  2. Replies: 120
    Last post: 28 Jun 2013, 5:46 PM
  3. Replies: 573
    Last post: 12 May 2012, 3:29 AM
  4. Replies: 708
    Last post: 26 Jul 2011, 6:59 PM
  5. Replies: 1966
    Last post: 13 Jul 2010, 3:45 PM