Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Free KML/KMZ hosting service

Registered
    Mar 2007

Free KML/KMZ hosting service

Does anybody have a suggestion for a website that can quickly upload and host KML and KMZ files for public access? Something similar to Tinypic.com for pictures but for KML and KMZ.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Have you seen the advice Google offers at http://earth.google.com/outreach/tutorial_promote.html ?

Promoting Your KML

Google Earth offers a venue in which you can tell your story to others. Once you've finished creating your KML or KMZ file, it's important to make sure that you reach a broad audience with your story. In this tutorial you'll learn a few ways to make sure that people can easily find your KML on the web.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jun 2010
    Hello, see this article: The Google Earth Community is moving to Google Groups... I use
    but for pratical use watch Google map, create your map and share it! this is my simple example MyMap: I live here

another example is store it in a "cloud" ... in a folder of your hostting service... with Altervista you can do this for free...

Goodbye
    PJHooker G+ Profile
    il boom dei dati geografici in corso, aspettiamoci quello delle informazioni spaziali
    #Local Intelligent Marketing - Personal SITE#

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 23 Apr 2013, 3:16 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last post: 02 Nov 2005, 5:32 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 20 Jul 2000, 1:01 AM