Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Closed thread

Thread: Greetings from Chicago!

Registered
    Aug 2012

Greetings from Chicago!

Stumbled across this forum today and it looks pretty useful, so I'm signing up! I'm about to start a JD program in Chicago having just completed an MA in Historic Preservation. Previously, I worked in politics/government relations, so I am undergoing a bit of a career pivot. As you might guess, I want to pursue a career in real estate/land use law and possibly get into development down the road. My first passion is historic preservation, but I am interested in urban planning in general.

I imagine I'll mostly lurk for now, but I am interested in learning more about real estate/land use/planning law or transitioning from law to development, if anyone would be so kind as to point me in the direction of threads covering those topics. Thanks!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! Glad to have you!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from New York!

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Hello from Chicago!
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 08 Mar 2010, 1:42 AM
  2. Hello from Chicago
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 9