Urban planning community

Poll results: Ninja attack at work, what d'ya' do?!

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Put in for combat pay at HR

1 5.26%
  • Jump over the counter, grabbing your sword you keep under it, and attack!

2 10.53%
  • Go into the office supply closet and quickly change into your superhero costume

0 0%
  • Using the zoning ordinance as a shield, grab a 40 scale and yell en guarde!

1 5.26%
  • Call my APA regional rep and say "seriously?"

0 0%
  • Call the AICP Commissioner and ask if CM credits can be earned for this...

5 26.32%
  • Tell the intern to go deal with it and go back to your office, shutting the door

7 36.84%
  • I keep whips & chains in my desk just for this, really, that's why they're there, honest, man!

3 15.79%
  • Hand them a form to fill out - need a permit for re-enactments, sir...

4 21.05%
  • Get off my lawn, you kids!

1 5.26%
  • Get your CDBG stuff done, LP

1 5.26%
  • Other, more creative, answer

2 10.53%
  • Uh sir, the town manager's office is that way, and watch them head in that direction while eating your egg salad sandwich

0 0%
Multiple choice poll
+ Reply to thread

Thread: What if, for real, ninjas attacked your office?

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

What if, for real, ninjas attacked your office?

wait for the poll, people, geesum

Registered
    Feb 2004
    LOL! You just put my poll-making skillz to shame! Your poll is a comedic accomplishment.
    Last edited by Maister; 09 Aug 2012 at 2:26 PM.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I meant to add and forgot: Uh sir, the town manager's office is that way, and watch them head in that direction while eating your egg salad sandwich

if a mod can add this, that'd be awesome

Registered
    Oct 2009
    They'll need to be approved just like everyone else. Please, ninja, sign in, and I'll go over the submittal requirements as soon as possible.
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    I meant to add and forgot: Uh sir, the town manager's office is that way, and watch them head in that direction while eating your egg salad sandwich

if a mod can add this, that'd be awesome
    Moderator note:
    alas, it appears we mods lost that ability with the last Vbulletin update, otherwise I'd happily do so.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Defense of the office is the interns job. Ninjas, FBI, Zombies... I don't care, they put out that fire.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Interns all the way! Thankfully they all share the office next to the entrance of the office. My office is in the belfry so they have a lot of stairs to hike up in order to get to me!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I have no fear. My office is under the protection of The Knights Who Say "Ni".
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Disappointed there was no mention of pirates. Pirates and ninjas are natural enemies. I'd imagine there are enough pirates around to keep the ninjas at bay.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Well, since I work from home, I'd sic my ninja-like cat on 'em. She's an agile and stealthy creature.

I'd post a picture of her in action, but she's taking a nap and doesn't want to be disturbed.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I have to agree that sending in the army of interns is the best idea.

We don't pay them to sit around and do nothing all day... Wait, we don't pay them at all!

Fine print: Our interns are actually paid through the local university - no slave labor here.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2004
    I'm really glad this thread was started because I've been stressing about this for a while. The homeless guy that lives in the alley next to our building swears he has magical powers that can keep the ninjas and the other demons away, but I'm not sure how much I trust him to not be passed out when they attack. I'm afraid we have few pirates around here, but I am a planning nazi. Do you know if ninjas fear nazis?
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Per Section 55.002 of the Zoning Ordinance,
    Except as hereinafter specified, no building, structure or premises shall hereafter be used or occupied, and no building or part thereof or other structure shall be erected, moved, placed, reconstructed, extended, enlarged or altered, except in conformance with the regulations herein specified for the zoning district in which it is located.
    Section 55.225 (B) and (C), which regulates uses in the CBD does not include "fight clubs", "dojo", or "battle ground" as a use permitted by right or a special land use. Therefore I need to ask you to cease and desist. Failure to do to may result in further code enforcement action including, but not limited to, civil infraction tickets, court actions, and me opening up a can of whoop @$$. We appreciate your anticipated cooperation.

Thank you and have a nice day.
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    I don my ninja sarugaku hanging on the back of my door and start attacking the fruit in the break room.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Mar 2002
    They are my ninjas. They will overthrow the existing CM and install me as the new CM with dictatorial powers since I'm the one who told the ninjas about the unguarded back door to city hall. Too bad if the HR director casts her lot with the old CM. A little blood may have to be spilled.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I would only hope that my death at the hands of a ninja would be swift and painless.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Moderator note:
    alas, it appears we mods lost that ability with the last Vbulletin update, otherwise I'd happily do so.
    Moderator note:
    Funny...I can make that edit....done.

http://wavcentral.com/scripts/log.ms...s/powrweak.mp3
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Aug 2005
    thanks!

I think it's hilarious and yet sad we would all throw our interns to a ninja without hesitation

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner View post
    Moderator note:
    Funny...I can make that edit....done.
    Off-topic:
    Apparently Dan only entrusts that power/responsibility to the 'cool' mods .

Can't say I blame him.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    But wait, there seems to another dark force...Nunjas.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...a-Warrior.html
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Jun 2009
    I'd ask the ninja why he hates America, but since that wasn't an option, I picked the whips and chains one.
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    Uh sir, the town manager's office is that way, and watch them head in that direction while eating your egg salad sandwich
    Mmmm...egg salad...I'd vote for this one if I hadn't already voted.

(And now, back to my ravioli-and-meatball breakfast...maybe I'll make some egg salad for lunch)
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 31
    Last post: 18 Aug 2011, 4:11 PM
  2. Server attacked
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 07 Oct 2006, 7:28 PM
  3. The REAL Real Thing: Passover Coke!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 01 Apr 2006, 10:45 AM