Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyburbia North 2012 Trash Talk Thread

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    How many hours do you get before you go VIKING?
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia View post
    How many hours do you get before you go VIKING?
    It is 4 hours right now. Once we get to round 5 I think we are going to start going to 3 hours.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    It is 4 hours right now. Once we get to round 5 I think we are going to start going to 3 hours.
    I propose that if you're already VIKING then you should get half of that (1.5 hours) to pick.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    If you go Viking in 3 or more consequetive rounds and you don't inform the commish, then your pick position should be forfeited.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planderella View post
    If you go Viking in 3 or more consequetive rounds and you don't inform the commish, then your pick position should be forfeited.
    Maybe they should just be kicked out at some point (5 Vikings?) and the team given to a new player who gives a crap. I don't want to mess with the draft order because that could screw things up.

Registered
    Dec 1998

Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    Maybe they should just be kicked out at some point (5 Vikings?) and the team given to a new player who gives a crap. I don't want to mess with the draft order because that could screw things up.
    No, you just get skipped over, but the draft order remains the same. I think this happened a few seasons ago. Something or the other happened where the coach couldn't draft at all or whatever, so he ended up choosing all of his players at the end of the overall draft.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I think that if you VIKING three picks we are just going to assume that you are a VIKING. We move past to the next draft pick and continue this path until you catch up your picks.

My concern is that the further get along the less likely that the team is going to be viable. If your #1 RB is the #20 best... you are in trouble.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I think that if you VIKING three picks we are just going to assume that you are a VIKING. We move past to the next draft pick and continue this path until you catch up your picks.

My concern is that the further get along the less likely that the team is going to be viable. If your #1 RB is the #20 best... you are in trouble.
    I think you pick based on the highest ranked player by yahoo based upon need and availability until he returns to the draft. If you want to do this by committee then let me know and I will help.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    I think you pick based on the highest ranked player by yahoo based upon need and availability until he returns to the draft. If you want to do this by committee then let me know and I will help.
    It's your league, but since he mentioned he had health issues, picking for him like that probably is best.
    As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    It's your league, but since he mentioned he had health issues, picking for him like that probably is best.
    You did it for me when I was moving and did not know the league had started. It works out for everyone IMO.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Done. Ddomin selects:

Philip Rivers, QB, SD - Round 2
    Adrian Peterson, RB, MIN- Round 3
    Roddy White, WR, ATL - Round 4

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Can everyone still draft through the weekend? No time limits but if we could check in and make a pick we can move this along. I don't like spending a month drafting a team.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Yup.....

Got my next two picks ready to roll......
    Skilled Adoxographer
    I have two emotions....Silence and Rage

Registered
    Apr 2006
    At this rate we might have the draft completed by the start of the season. 2 weeks left...I know we can do it but I am not sure about the south.

What round are we going to go to a 2 hr clock?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    We are now at a 3 hours clock. I think at Round 9 we will go to a 2 hour clock. Then a 1 hour clock at 11.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Did anyone else have server issues this morning around 8am PDT/11 EDT?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Yeah, I couldn't get on all morning. I was afraid I would go VIKING..

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Yes, there have been issues since Friday.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Seriously Planerella...two TE in the first 8 rounds...you know you can only play one a week? Let me guess next round you grab a kicker?

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Seriously Planerella...two TE in the first 8 rounds...you know you can only play one a week? Let me guess next round you grab a kicker?
    No, but let me know if you need any help picking out matching purses and panties for your team.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    So the Yahoo league settings say there are 7 bench spots- is that right? How many rounds is this draft in total?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    So the Yahoo league settings say there are 7 bench spots- is that right? How many rounds is this draft in total?
    20 Rounds.
    1. QB
    2. RB
    3. RB
    4. WR
    5. WR
    6. WR
    7. WR/RB
    8. TE
    9. K
    10. D
    11. DL
    12. DB
    13. LB
    14. Bench
    15. Bench
    16. Bench
    17. Bench
    18. Bench
    19. Bench
    20. Bench
    Last edited by Hink; 21 Aug 2012 at 5:18 PM.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Sep 2011
    So just out of curiosity, one the roster position list, where it says D. Is that a team defense or just any defensive player?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ddomin4360 View post
    So just out of curiosity, one the roster position list, where it says D. Is that a team defense or just any defensive player?
    Any defensive player. It is like W/R on offense except you can pick any defensive player.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Planderella View post
    No, but let me know if you need any help picking out matching purses and panties for your team.
    Thanks, we all know you are the pro at "tuckin' the junk.'

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 272
    Last post: 15 Nov 2012, 6:30 PM
  2. 2010 North Trash Talk Thread
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 48
    Last post: 07 Dec 2010, 9:09 AM
  3. 2009 North Trash Talk Thread
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 60