Thread: Cyburbia North 2012 Trash Talk Thread

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    Thanks, we all know you are the pro at "tuckin' the junk.'
    Hey Viking!

Registered
    Apr 2006
    I have seen someone just early on a pick before but never 6 slots early...ddomin you have just made the Cyburbia fantasy football hall of shame!!!
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I forgot how much drafting in a IDP league sucks. If this was a standard format we'd be done by now.

Sorry to bitch, but I say next year we do a standard draft.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Yeah!

Suck it Trebek! my round 20 pick WILL make all the difference this season!
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Yahoo! is up and ready to go. Let the dealing begin!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Yahoo! is up and ready to go. Let the dealing begin!
    Thanks Hink for your efforts!
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Thanks Hink for your efforts!
    No problem.

Reminder: You must get your team together by TOMORROW! Get on Yahoo! and get it done!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2005
    The Yaks need to get their lineup ready... considering they have Romo and Austin going tonight.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Since I am not playing in the Cyburbian League this year maybe I can solicit some advice to help me take the folks in my money league to the cleaners...

I've been offered a trade. I would be giving up:

Calvin Johnson
    Jake Locker
    Felix Jones
    Santana Moss

and I would receive:
    Julio Jones
    Jamaal Charles
    Joe Flacco
    Leon Washington

My team is a bit weak right now and I would currently be relying on Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, and a possibly broken Marshawn Lynch to carry me through the season. If I make this trade, I would only be giving up one starter from my team (Johnson) and receiving two starters (Charles and Jones). Washington would be a serviceable addition in case Lynch is indeed out for a game and I don't really care about the Flacco/Locker part of the deal since unless Stafford is down long-term, Locker would never see the field on my team.

I also have Payton Hillis at Greg Jennings as additional flex players who will likely be starting for me each week.

I like the idea of giving up one starter and receiving two but don't really like the idea of having both Hillis and Charles on the same team because I would feel uneasy about starting them both each week. I'm hoping the owner who sent me the offer leaves it out there throughout the first week but if he forces my hand and wants a decision before kick-off tonight I'm leaning towards "No".

Advice? Thoughts?

I have a reputation for making stupid trades early in the season. I have an itchy trigger finger.

I tweeted the gist of the deal to one of the analysts at CBS and he recommends I pull the trigger. hmmmm

Hopefully the guy who sent the offer, who follows me on Twitter, didn't catch those tweets.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Depends if you believe in the Madden curse or not. If you do, Johnson will suck this year so go for it.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Since I am not playing in the Cyburbian League this year maybe I can solicit some advice to help me take the folks in my money league to the cleaners...

Calvin Johnson
    Jake Locker
    Felix Jones
    Santana Moss

and I would receive:
    Julio Jones
    Jamaal Charles
    Joe Flacco
    Leon Washington

My team is a bit weak right now and I would currently be relying on Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, and a possibly broken Marshawn Lynch to carry me through the season. If I make this trade, I would only be giving up one starter from my team (Johnson) and receiving two starters (Charles and Jones). Washington would be a serviceable addition in case Lynch is indeed out for a game and I don't really care about the Flacco/Locker part of the deal since unless Stafford is down long-term, Locker would never see the field on my team.

I also have Payton Hillis at Greg Jennings as additional flex players who will likely be starting for me each week.

I like the idea of giving up one starter and receiving two but don't really like the idea of having both Hillis and Charles on the same team because I would feel uneasy about starting them both each week. I'm hoping the owner who sent me the offer leaves it out there throughout the first week but if he forces my hand and wants a decision before kick-off tonight I'm leaning towards "No".

Advice? Thoughts?

I have a reputation for making stupid trades early in the season. I have an itchy trigger finger.

I tweeted the gist of the deal to one of the analysts at CBS and he recommends I pull the trigger. hmmmm

Hopefully the guy who sent the offer, who follows me on Twitter, didn't catch those tweets.
    I think Charles and Jones would make up for losing Megatron, so I'm tempted to say it's a good trade for you. The other players are mostly a wash. You might want to trade Hillis though because I agree that starting him and Charles week-to-week isn't a great idea.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    The Yaks need to get their lineup ready... considering they have Romo and Austin going tonight.
    Totally slipped my mind, just lost some useful points right there.

Registered
    Apr 2006

Calvin Johnson
    Jake Locker
    Felix Jones
    Santana Moss

and I would receive:
    Julio Jones
    Jamaal Charles
    Joe Flacco
    Leon Washington

Advice? Thoughts?

I would have done it. You get Julio Jones who should be awesome and Jamaal Charles who you can handcuff with Hillis. The Chief have the Hillis old OC so Hillis will definitely get carries. Plus Flaco could be decent this year. Jake Locker was a terrible passer in college. I remember watching him as a freshman and was inaccurate...three years later he was still inaccurate.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Looks like I'll be taking an L in week one

Registered
    Jan 2005
    What the heck's wrong with the stats on Yahoo? Anybody else notice that they're all screwed up?

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I would have done it. You get Julio Jones who should be awesome and Jamaal Charles who you can handcuff with Hillis. The Chief have the Hillis old OC so Hillis will definitely get carries. Plus Flaco could be decent this year. Jake Locker was a terrible passer in college. I remember watching him as a freshman and was inaccurate...three years later he was still inaccurate.
    I did end up making the deal. After the horrible game Stafford had (and therefore the sub-standard game Calvin Johnson had) and the great game for Julio Jones, and a passable first performance in about a year for Charles, I definitely got the better of the deal... one week in. We shall see how it pans out over the long haul. Locker seems to have separated a shoulder yesterday too so who knows how long he will last this season.

Interestingly, the guy I traded with now has Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck, and Jake Locker as his QB choices. Griffin had a monster game, and could indeed be the real deal, but you need to be pretty confident of the rest of your team to rely on 3 rookie QBs all season.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    What the heck's wrong with the stats on Yahoo? Anybody else notice that they're all screwed up?
    Looks like it's been fixed...for some reason all TDs disappeared from the scores for a while.

It didn't affect the outcome of my game...I still beat Tide.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    I did end up making the deal. After the horrible game Stafford had (and therefore the sub-standard game Calvin Johnson had) and the great game for Julio Jones, and a passable first performance in about a year for Charles, I definitely got the better of the deal... one week in. We shall see how it pans out over the long haul. Locker seems to have separated a shoulder yesterday too so who knows how long he will last this season.

Interestingly, the guy I traded with now has Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck, and Jake Locker as his QB choices. Griffin had a monster game, and could indeed be the real deal, but you need to be pretty confident of the rest of your team to rely on 3 rookie QBs all season.
    I stay away from rookies and those coming off ACL injuries. I have been burned too many times by both. RGIII looks awesome but he will regress after a few games when people learn his tendencies. The Falcons are going to pass like a college team this year. Peterson's knee still scares me. He can run north south but will he be able to make cuts on it all year. As for Stafford I think he will be fine...until he gets hurt.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Looks like I'll be taking an L in week one
    Do you think Antonio Gates and AJ Green will get 3 points between them....?

I feel pretty good about my chances...

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Do you think Antonio Gates and AJ Green will get 3 points between them....?
    I don't know- Fred Jackson and Deangelo Williams failed to get 3 points between them...

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I don't know- Fred Jackson and Deangelo Williams failed to get 3 points between them...
    Yea that hurts. And Fred Jackson might be out for a while. You should have kept Marshawn Lynch in... he would have pulled 10 points for you....

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I see no way for me to win this week.... thanks to Trent Richardson..... boo Yaks!

Registered
    Apr 2006
    I see no way for me to win this week.... thanks to Trent Richardson..... boo Yaks!
    Worst trash talk ever.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Worst trash talk ever.
    That's not what your mom said last night.... ooooo burn!

Registered
    Apr 2006
    That's not what your mom said last night.... ooooo burn!
    You went with a your momma joke...what is this 1989?

Let's get of mom's because I just got off yours.

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 272
    Last post: 15 Nov 2012, 6:30 PM
  2. 2010 North Trash Talk Thread
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 48
    Last post: 07 Dec 2010, 9:09 AM
  3. 2009 North Trash Talk Thread
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 60