Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: South Division Smack Talk

  1. #1
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,533

    South Division Smack Talk

    You all suck and I rule!!!!
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  2. #2
    Cyburbian Big Easy King's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Overlooking the Quarter
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    You all suck and I rule!!!!
    I see someone's in fantasyland! Bow down to the Kings!
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

  3. #3
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,533
    Quote Originally posted by TIDE
    Clearly pulling for the Breese -> Graham completions this year.
    TE in round two?!? (That belongs in trashtalk I know)
    Oh it's way more complicated than that. The projected points for Graham made him a better over all pick than an RB or WR left in the pool. Once you get past about TE #2 in the player pool there is a huge drop off, while the drop between RB #8 to #12 or so isn't near as much. Same for WR. I have a scientific method to my madness.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  4. #4
    Cyburbian UrbaneSprawler's avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    Oh it's way more complicated than that. The projected points for Graham made him a better over all pick than an RB or WR left in the pool. Once you get past about TE #2 in the player pool there is a huge drop off, while the drop between RB #8 to #12 or so isn't near as much. Same for WR. I have a scientific method to my madness.
    Problem is Graham's not the best TE. Gronk will have the better year (again). Thanks for letting him fall to me. Double-dipping is risky. Diversify the portfolio in my book.

  5. #5
    Gunfighter Mastiff's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Middle of a Dusty Street
    Posts
    6,364
    Two TE's in the first 3 rounds... in an 8 team league.

    I want what you two are smoking!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

  6. #6
    Cyburbian Tide's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Gig City
    Posts
    2,644
    Gronkowski will be losing time to Hernandez this year too, no tight end is worth a top 3 or 4 round pick.

    Are you both picking kickers this round?
    @GigCityPlanner

  7. #7
    Cyburbian UrbaneSprawler's avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    398
    These aren't your father's TE's. Gronk (and to a lesser degree Graham) score WR points. Who had the second most TD's last year after McCoy? Gronk. Megatron's a clear WR1 but was taken. Andre Johnson is now injury prone and Fitzgerald doesn't have a QB to throw to. After Megatron, Gronk is the best receiver available. Period.

    Gronk has also shown the ability to consume large amounts of alcohol.

  8. #8
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,533
    Quote Originally posted by UrbaneSprawler View post
    These aren't your father's TE's. Gronk (and to a lesser degree Graham) score WR points. Who had the second most TD's last year after McCoy? Gronk. Megatron's a clear WR1 but was taken. Andre Johnson is now injury prone and Fitzgerald doesn't have a QB to throw to. After Megatron, Gronk is the best receiver available. Period.

    Gronk has also shown the ability to consume large amounts of alcohol.
    Megatron will suffer the Madden curse, so you didn't want him anyway.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  9. #9
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,533
    Quote Originally posted by UrbaneSprawler View post
    Problem is Graham's not the best TE. Gronk will have the better year (again). Thanks for letting him fall to me. Double-dipping is risky. Diversify the portfolio in my book.

    Graham ranked a tad higher on my sheets, and with great risk comes great reward.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  10. #10
    OH....IO Hink's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hang on Sloopy...land
    Posts
    9,632
    Quote Originally posted by UrbaneSprawler View post
    Don't know why I bother posting here since this is clearly the SLOW league with 3 gone Viking. Whoever wins this league should have an asterisk next to their title.
    Ahh how the times have changed Urbane.... it seems we have passed your slow Southern league.... ahh to be in the lead.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

  11. #11
    Cyburbian Tide's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Gig City
    Posts
    2,644
    It stings to lose by 2, even if I shouldn't have had a shot to win at all this week (thank you Bradshaw and your knees). It stings even worse to lose at the hands of the guy you were going to draft who got picked just before your pick who you were going to take.
    @GigCityPlanner

  12. #12
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,533
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    It stings to lose by 2, even if I shouldn't have had a shot to win at all this week (thank you Bradshaw and your knees). It stings even worse to lose at the hands of the guy you were going to draft who got picked just before your pick who you were going to take.

    Um... sorry? Funny, I have DT on two different leagues and won both by 2, weird. Went to bed thinking Id lost both with the way Manning was playing. I have Bradshaw in the other league BTW.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  13. #13
    Cyburbian UrbaneSprawler's avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    398
    The Duany Bees are all smokin' cigars, with the 185 points in the final game to resoundingly show victory in the South. (Highest point total of the season, save for the 187 point total in week 3, by who else? The Duany Bees.)


+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

  1. Replies: 73
    Last post: 29 Dec 2009, 12:04 PM
  2. Replies: 68
    Last post: 24 Dec 2007, 12:42 PM
  3. Replies: 86
    Last post: 20 Dec 2006, 8:33 AM
  4. Replies: 60
    Last post: 29 Dec 2005, 8:10 AM
  5. Replies: 87
    Last post: 31 Aug 2005, 2:59 PM