Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Cougars infiltrate Cyburbia

Registered
    Jan 2005

Cougars infiltrate Cyburbia

Anybody else notice the personal ads for cougars suggestively-dressed older women at the top of the page? Or is it just me?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    Anybody else notice the personal ads for cougars suggestively-dressed older women at the top of the page? Or is it just me?
    Me too!
    Moderator note:
    split from RTDNTOTO
    Last edited by Maister; 21 Aug 2012 at 12:29 PM.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I think they're still planning their destinations. They live in Murrieta, so they can probably hit up any number of attractions. Legoland looks prettty awesome.
    Hopefully it cools down for them. It's been really humid here for the past several weeks, so they may miss out on why we love California

Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Sometimes, the awful communication and customer service that some small businesses display just astounds me.
    Same sentiment here. Some people just don't know how to run a business.

Yup
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Registered
    Dec 2008
    I noticed I was subconsciously enjoying my time here more, but now that you mention it, yeah I saw the cougs.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    I noticed I was subconsciously enjoying my time here more, but now that you mention it, yeah I saw the cougs.
    They're interested in you too!
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    They're interested in you too!
    I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! GO ME!!!!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Apr 2006
    I have not seen the cougars... but since the adware looks at your other cookies and page views it makes me wonder what other sites you have been visiting.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

My work computer must be blocking the ads. I didn't know Cyburbia had any...

I just pulled up Cyburbia on my iphone:

Siemens Urban Development and Free Apartment Towing. No cougars, unfortunately.
    The content contrarian

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    I have not seen the cougars... but since the adware looks at your other cookies and page views it makes me wonder what other sites you have been visiting.
    I don't ONLY get ads for cougars...sometimes I get ads for smart-guy stuff TOO! Geez! Well, Ok it's mostly the cougar ads. I like cougars. I like cookies, too. That probably explains it, huh?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 08 Mar 2012, 7:33 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 12 May 2009, 12:44 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last post: 20 Oct 2003, 9:29 AM