Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten Things Thursday

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Is it Friday yet ?
    Taking my 04 Saturn Ion in for 60K service
    Agreed is it Lunch time?
    It's a nice day outside so why am I inside?
    Airfare has gone up alot and schedule cut backed.
    Have you priced your airfare for X-mas travel yet ?
    I am taking Columbus Day off as vacation not as a holiday.
    Check out the FB page "Save PBS"
    I am not applying for our own Executive Directors job
    What's for Lunch ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 2007
    1. My first ten things, yay!
    2. I am still battling conference crudd...5 days later
    3. I picked up a new 'admirer' at the state conference this year
    4. I am 5 lbs down, 10 to go!
    5. Was almost going to apply for a new job, but realized I have it really good where I'm at, so a lateral move isn't worth it at this time. Plus it looks like my co-worker is leaving, so I don't want to give my boss a heart-attack.
    6. Love the new phone, but realize now that iphones are not designed for ease of use for people like me that have clubbed thumbs
    7. I need one more linkedin connection to hit 200...wait, thanks Planit!
    8. I have been listening to "Empire of the Sun" all week, I wish they would put out a new album
    9. This is when these lists get hard...running out of ideas
    10. oh, yes, looking forward to lunch-time yoga today!
    Last edited by beach_bum; 04 Oct 2012 at 11:56 AM.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Aug 2002
    1. The last few mornings we've had heavy fog, and my DH has had to drive doing 20 mph to avoid hitting critters that are up before dawn.
    2. Good news: I have an interview coming up.
    3. Bad news: it's a loooong drive.
    4. The airlines suck , which is why I'm not flying.
    5. I could go for a pumpkin muffin.
    6. I was much more entertained by the book I'm reading than by the presidential debate last night.
    7. I have 32 unread e-mails... and that doesn't include e-mails I opened and flagged to read later.
    8. My dog has been sleeping a lot lately... what's up with that?
    9. I always forget that Columbus Day is a holiday; the only time I had the day off was when I worked for the state.
    10. I should look into getting a book on CD for my long drive.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    1. Is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
    2. can be as bad as one it's the loneliest number since the number one
    3. the origin of the band name 'Three Dog Night' I once heard came from a native American term concerning how cold the temperatures are (and need that # of dogs to keep warm)
    4. that was too much info, wasn't it?
    5. I wish I was a Danish fisherman right now, except for the fact that I'm deathly allergic to fish and don't speak Danish
    6. We're having picnic ham for dinner tonight. I'm excited about that
    7. dang, coming up with 10 things sure is alot to think about
    8. I don't like to think alot sometimes
    9. I wear a black tie every day to work. I mean every day.
    10. I may learn how to play pinochle some day
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    7. dang, coming up with 10 things sure is alot to think about
    8. I don't like to think alot sometimes
    I find both of these very difficult to believe.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2005
    1. Ate hummus for lunch, I hope I don’t have to unexpectedly interact with anyone this afternoon.
    2. My supervisor’s office is right across the hall from mine and he likes to talk on the speaker phone with his door open. It’s been very informative.
    3. I don’t think I’d like his job.
    4. It’s funny though when he calls me from his office to go over a document on our respective monitors, and he puts me on speaker!
    5. I had a dream last night where I was elected President of Iran but I had to undergo a strip search before I could give my inaugural address. It was really weird.
    6. Fortunately I passed the strip search.
    7. Instead of doing much work this morning I’ve been trying to figure out if/when I should/will go to visit family in Indiana & Ohio over the holidays. It’s complicated.
    8. I’d like to make it a road trip but not feasible for many reasons.
    9. I really want to go on a road trip.
    10. I will be productive this afternoon… I will be productive this afternoon…

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    6. I will be wearing Gator apparel all day Saturday
    7. I need to send hink some Gator apparel
    1. Me too, to your #6. I have Gator undies and socks; do you?
    2. I'll go halves with you on #7.
    3. Lots of y'all are mentioning pumpkin products; I don't eat pumpkin anything.
    4. Behind a real a$$hat at Sam's club today. Split up his stuff into 3 separate orders and paid for the granola bars with cash, the chips and hot dog buns with a personal credit card, and two table covers with a church credit card. Probably the minister.
    5. Sam's didn't have the frozen steak quesadillas we like.
    6. It's difficult to share a dining room chair with a 17-lb cat.
    7. Which is why I've always got cat hair on my shorts.
    8. Mitt Romney blinks A LOT when the Prez is talking. Wonder what that means?
    9. I'm in the mood for a Whiskey Sour but I don't have any sour mix.
    10.Leftover homemade pizza for dinner.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    7. Which is why I've always got cat hair on my shorts.
    9. I'm in the mood for a Whiskey Sour but I don't have any sour mix.
    I think there is either cat or dog hair on every item of clothing I own. Grey is the only color I can attempt to wear without looking like a furball.

Oooh, I haven't had a vodka sour in quite some time. Maybe I will imbibe this weekend.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

This looks fun, and will probably make me take some notice of things, i.e.

1. My house is a tiny mid-century endeavor that I fell in love with the minute I saw it. Right now, it's filthy.
    2. I am currently a museum curator, and today I completed the design for a new exhibit. While I love the arts and crafts time built into my job, 12 hour days are killing me.
    3. The part of me most excited for fall is also the part of me most excited for pho.
    4. I've lurked these forums for a while, and am happy to see that there's a healthy dose of lightheartedness combined with some of the doom-and-gloom posts I've been reading.
    5. Every day, the part of me that wishes I could bike to work gets bigger and bigger.
    6. I tried for years to give my orange cat a name before settling on Orange Cat.
    7. I'm an accomplished oral historian with hundreds of hours of interviews under my belt, but I really suck at being an interviewee.
    8. My celebrity crushes are all public radio personalities.
    9. Despite being a short order cook for a couple semesters in high school, I have no idea how to cook for less than 4 people.
    10. My favorite thing about living in the Deep South is how much it reminds me that I love Texas. My least favorite thing is the crime they committed to the art of barbecue.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by saverte View post
    This looks fun, and will probably make me take some notice of things, i.e.
    [snip]
    6. I tried for years to give my orange cat a name before settling on Orange Cat.
    You achieved immortal status right there!.
    Quote Originally posted by saverte
    8. My celebrity crushes are all public radio personalities.
    Diane Rehm? or Garrison Keillor?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Ha, no. Jad Abumrad, Roman Mars, and Ari Shapiro all come to mind first.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by saverte View post
    Ha, no. Jad Abumrad, Roman Mars, and Ari Shapiro all come to mind first.
    I was sure it had to be Tom or Ray Magliozzi.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

I'm not above listening to Car Talk.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    I was sure it had to be Tom or Ray Magliozzi.
    I could see how one could have a radio crush on Click and Clack. I think they could be a lot of fun to hang out with. I've had crushes on people due solely to their sense of humor.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    1. I got excited when I remembered that today is Ten Things Thursday!
    2. I try not to be vain but my hair looks good today.
    3. We are lucky enough to have peregrine falcons in our downtown.
    4. But it is disturbing to be walking along and happen upon a blue-jay head.
    5. I live in moderate fear of having a bloody pigeon part fall on my head.
    6. I turned the heat on last night.
    7. The heat was on for all of two minutes, literally, when my one kitty found her way to her favourite spot on the heating grate.
    8. She was toasty warm when I picked her up.
    9. We are throwing out our couch in the near future but I'm having a difficult time letting it go because my other kitty loves to sit on it.
    10. That kitty's marking habits are the reason we're getting rid of the couch.

BONUS:
    11. Playing soccer tonight for a new team.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    1. I overslept today - having problems getting to sleep early
    2. I can't believe it's Thursday, it feels like Tuesday
    3. I am really enjoying helping my cousin find his first job - paying it forward rocks
    4. I am considering going to a personal coach but when I see it written or say it out loud I can't believe I just wrote/said that
    5. I am losing a good friend and it hurts pretty bad
    6. The to do list just got paralyzing at work
    7. There are few greater feelings that paying your kids' tuition bill in full, phew
    8. I am really worried about Bear
    9. I worry about alot of my fellow Cyburbians actually, which is cool to care
    10. My headache will not go away yuck

Registered
    Jul 2006
    1. One is the loneliest number in the wooooooorld.
    2. Thursday is a sucky day, it should done away with
    3. Except for Thanksgiving which is a non-sucky day
    4. I'm sorry I'd didn't stop in on BUN when I was in Ohio this summer
    5. It's a gray day, I don't like gray days
    6. The UPS truck just got here
    7. The package wasn't for me
    8. I think I'll go to lunch early today
    9. Maybe go to a thrift shop or pawn shop
    10. It's after ten o'clock now
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2004
    1. My go-to funny sounding animal name is either wombat or weasel.
    2. Wonder what makes the letter 'w' so darned funny?
    3. Another funny word (name) is 'Walla Walla Washington'
    4. I have my semi-annual dentist appointment tomorrow
    5. As a teen/young adult, I used to sit and listen to music as a recreational activity quite often.
    6. Now I hardly ever listen to music
    7. What exactly was a 'flapper' in the 1920's?
    8. Wouldn't it be cool to tour the Hershey factory and get a full-sized chocolate bar at the end of the tour?
    9. If I could turn back the hands of time, I would set them to November 30, 1987.
    10. I need once again to pull my mind out of the darkness that it habitually creeps into.

1. Catching up on podcasts today. Tessa Hadley reading Nadine Gorimer on the New Yorker Fiction podcast made my morning, but the latest This American Life is close, too.
    2. Someone (accidentally) locked us out of the main office, so I spent a good part of my day so far charting out grad school pros/cons and requirements. Good use of a Thursday, heh.
    3. No more snacks in the fridge at work means I'm jonesing for lunch much more than usual.
    4. I need to mow my lawn...
    5. Do people still by Speak-n-Spell toys for their kids? Are they still teaching them that cows go "moo?" Why?
    6. The frugality thread made me realize how annoyed my co-workers must be that I use every part of a piece of paper before recycling it.
    7. MS has a huge feral cat problem... I wonder why. But we do get lots of wifi network names like "Cats are everywhere" and "catpocalypse."
    8. Actually, I remember a feral cat that hung outside of the bursar's building on the campus where I got my MA. That sucker was mean, and the bursar was mean. I just avoided the area.
    9. If my Orange Cat ever got lost/stuck outside, he would just go up to the nearest human and demand to be taken home. I'd never see him again.
    10. Some guy just called asking if our museum would buy his Civil War collection for $200,000... :| Pawn Stars has ruined museums as a business.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    1. My arms and hands hurt today and I don't know why.
    2. Our realtor left a mini-pumpkin on our doorstep this morning. She delivers them to her clients (past and present) every year.
    3. I watched an old episode of the Mary Tyler Moore show on TV last night. I still love that show.
    4. I think Mary Richards is my role model.
    5. I've been having difficulty sleeping lately.
    6. I just saw a job opening for which I am qualified, and I am trying to decide whether to apply.
    7. I don't know if I'm ready to give up my business and return to full-time employment.
    8. The pay is more in line with what I should be earning...
    9. but it would mean an hour-long commute each way.
    10. Naturally, my DH says "It's up to you."

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Off-topic:
    MP - apply

Registered
    Feb 2005
    1. We are having corporate big wigs visit this afternoon so I’m dressed up.
    2. Only took 3 outfit changes this morning to figure out what to wear.
    3. Received good news on my annual review, always a relief!
    4. I filed an extension for my taxes last spring because I was missing a few documents (not W-2s, though). I wrote checks to the feds and the state based on what TurboTax told me I owed. Wrapped up the taxes last weekend and should be getting about half my money back, yay!
    5. My sister is visiting in 1.5 weeks and I will have to work hard to not overload her with things I want to do/see.
    6. We will be doing a 5k / obstacle course event together and I’m a little scared I’ll injure myself in some goofy way.
    7. I ran my fastest time ever last night (still not very fast but now it’s in the range of reasonableness).
    8. But I don’t really like the act of running, just like the feeling when it’s over.
    9. My son has decided to be a penguin for Halloween, thank God, I didn’t feel like making a passable Wall-E costume.
    10. I was searching through Netflix for new movies and I knew Woody Allen had made a lot of movies, but I didn’t realize the sheer number, he must make two or three a year.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    1. Went out to the greenway trail to flag a potential bridge crossing to property on the other side of the stream.
    2. Took my time to make sure I located the preferred crossing correctly
    3. Talked to a very good friend last night about the shenanigans going on here - he was stunned
    4. Had to take the girl to grandparents this morning (teacher work day)
    5. That means taking curvy rural roads in to work (translate: fun driving)
    6. I was upset the yankmees came back and won last night
    7. The weekend is lining up to be busy
    8. I'm in 2nd place in our football pick 'em
    9. Trying to avoid getting kicked today - although I generally have no control over that
    10. You know my standard #10
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

1) Our Fall festival 'booth days' started this morning.
    2) Four days of overweight very, very many Hoosiers and Kentuckians gorging on fair food.
    3) The City gets screwed over for it each year in OT for Fire, Police, and Street Dept workers.
    4) The festival committee does not reimburse the City.
    5) A lot of local groups make the most money of the year at the festival for their respective projects.
    6) More and more 'for profit' groups are moving in, though.
    7) I'm avoiding it today but have to work the City booth Friday and Sunday.
    8) Glad the trip to the dentist this a.m. is behind me.
    9) Amazing how my cats can lower my blood pressure.
    10) Parent/teacher conference this afternoon will conflict with my Cardsv. Nats viewing. Oh, well.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    1) I am looking forward to watching the Paul Ryan walk all over Biden tonight.
    2) I wonder if Al Gore will blame this one on the air too.
    3) I have to patch a section of wood siding on my house that was rotten. Oh, look, bad weather again this weekend.
    4) One of my client communities is re-doing my office there. Small folding table in the back of the conference room does not make a nice office... or desk for that matter.
    5) Had a friend who lost her 31 year old sister to breast cancer earlier this week. Left behind a husband and two small children. Talk about a kick up side the head... I need to schedule a checkup.
    6) It is windy outside and is expected to get worse.
    7) Pondering getting the wife an iPad Mini if they come out before Christmas.
    8) So the 3 year old is now reading at a 2nd grade level and took down a kid twice his size in football yesterday. I wonder if he understands that it is flag football....
    9) The 7 month old is still way underweight... but eats every 2 hours when he is awake (baby food included) and every 4 hours at night.
    10) Saw a Romney/Ryan sign in a yard this morning that is owned by a liberal couple. I wonder if it is a joke or if they are serious.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Thursday Game!
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 10 Sep 2009, 9:24 AM
  2. Thursday game reminder
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 13 Nov 2008, 2:38 PM