Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Can you list 100 things you want?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.

Can you list 100 things you want?

When I was positing in the 10 things Thursday thread, I was reminded of The Book Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz. If you have not heard of it, I am not surprised. It was first published in 1959. However, it has had a quiet impact on some important people’s lives. In the book Wins, Losses, and Lessons, Lou Holtz talks about how when he was unemployed and unable to find a job, he picked up a book that encouraged him to make of list of 100 dreams. The Magic of Thinking Big is that book. He wrote the list out and after reading it, his wife suggested that he add 101… get a job.

But in the spirit of listing, do you think that you could list 100 things that you want? Would they all be little things or would some of them be massively big things. What are some of the more crazy things on your list? What is your number 1? If you completed it, (and it is not easy) what is your number 100?

I did this a few years back, but I think I am going to do this again. I challenge you to think big and write down a list of 100 things that you want. It can be tangible items like a deep fryer, or it can be general things like to be happy. But the only rule is that they need to be for you. World Peace does not count unless you expand it to say that it will bring home a loved one or the weapons dealer down the street will lower his prices.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Nov 2009
    That is a lot of things. I don't think I need that many things, but in the interest of sticking to the point of dreaming big, I will name the 10 things that I want for myself at this time. To me, they are pretty big.

1. Lifelong financial stability
    2. My baby boy, who will be joining this planet in 2 months, to have a wonderful life, full of crazy experiences, love, and intrigue
    3. For human beings to stop thinking about themselves first for the rest of our time on this planet (both as individuals and as a species)
    4. An immaculate garden
    5. A sail boat
    6. 6-pack abs
    7. An epic journey by bicycle
    8. Some garage-organization hooks to hang up my bikes and SUP so I can park our car in the garage
    9. My dog to stop trotting through the flower beds
    10. For someone else in my daily commute to appreciate, value, and respect the merits of a speed limit

Cheers!
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    May 2005
    Yes, I could list 100 things I want. But I'm not going to. I don't have the time. More time is one of the 100 things by the way.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Yes, I could list 100 things I want. But I'm not going to. I don't have the time. More time is one of the 100 things by the way.
    Agreed.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2005
    #1 on my list is a cookie. #2 would be some double chocolate bread pudding. The rest of the list can wait until I've accomplished the first 2.

Registered
    May 2002
    Sure, thousands of dollars!
    Maintaining enthusiasm in the face of crushing apathy.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 22 Dec 2006, 8:41 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 08 Dec 2005, 10:42 PM
  3. Odd Top 10 List
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 07 Jan 2004, 10:32 AM
  4. Do Not Call List
    Friday Afternoon Club