Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Greetings from Singapore!

Registered
    Aug 2012

Greetings from Singapore!

Hi everyone!

Didn't see any Singaporeans in this community (yet). I am interested to further my studies in Urban Planning, and only recently found this community. Looking to apply for the 2013 Fall intake.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Where?

Quote Originally posted by cliffchew84 View post
    Hi everyone!

Didn't see any Singaporeans in this community (yet). I am interested to further my studies in Urban Planning, and only recently found this community. Looking to apply for the 2013 Fall intake.
    Hello and welcome. So, where will you be going in the fall? Will you be in an Urban Planning or Urban Design program?

My only real "connection" to Singapore is that my uncle married a woman from there. She is a really great person.
    Last edited by The One; 29 Aug 2012 at 5:23 AM. Reason: update
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from New York!

My husband and I honeymooned in Singapore last summer and fell in love with it. We keep talking about going back sometime soon!

Registered
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    Hello and welcome. So, where will you be going in the fall? Will you be in an Urban Planning or Urban Design program?

My only real "connection" to Singapore is that my uncle married a woman from there. She is a really great person.
    Hi The One! I am interested in Urban Planning. To be honest, I am only starting to get more attuned to the differences. I previously had my training in Economics (both BA and MA), but I always had focused my research on urban economics, In particular, I am more attuned to housing issues (did my MA thesis on that), but am generally interested in urban developmental issues. To date, I have quite a few schools in mind, mainly in the US and UK, but I am open to options, including looking at other European schools, such as those in Switzerland or Sweden. Definitely open to suggestions if anyone has any recommendations.

One of the professors that I knew advised me to consider HKU, which I am doing so. Sounds that your uncle married a great spokeswomen of Singapore!

Registered
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Hello from New York!

My husband and I honeymooned in Singapore last summer and fell in love with it. We keep talking about going back sometime soon!
    Hi! Glad that you and your husband love your stay at Singapore! We have a new 'iconic' landscape called Gardens by the Bay. Singapore is always changing, so you can always expect something new during each visit, even though Singapore is that small.

I have been wanting to visit New York for some time. Unfortunately, my life as a postgraduate has limited my finances, and it is quite expensive for me to fly over to New York from Singapore. In fact, New York won the Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize 2012 for the city's strong urban renewal programs. Really hope I can visit New York some day!

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12
    Last post: 23 Oct 2012, 12:51 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 16 May 2007, 6:22 PM
  3. Greetings from Singapore!
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 20 Sep 2005, 9:20 AM