Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Texas Agenda 21 frenzy

Registered
    Sep 2008

Texas Agenda 21 frenzy

Judge Tom Head, Lubbock County judge, on the imminent civil war if Obama is re-elected.

In case you wanted a summation of what's going on in Texas at the moment in regards to Agenda 21, look no further: http://t.co/acYZ7ioH.

It appears Garland's 2030 Plan has now been on high center for many months as a result of this opposition - has anybody by chance come across this directly in meetings? APA has done some webinars on approaches to handling, but these mostly deal with messaging. Does anyone else know of good resources?
    "In our profession, a plan that everyone dislikes for different reasons is a success. A plan everyone dislikes for the same reason is a failure. And a plan that everyone likes for the same reason is an act of God." - Richard Carson

Registered
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally posted by developmentguru View post
    [
    Does anyone else know of good resources?
    I know we've had a couple threads discussing these clueless nutters, but I can't remember if we pointed to any messaging. I thought I was going to have some at a series of talks I gave recently, and set up the staff for the possibility and had some phrases ready to go, but I didn't get these tactics from any source.
    -------
    Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Wow, the need to raise tax rates to fight a UN invasion? That's more messed up irony than an Alanis Morrissette song.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Sprawl Agenda 21?
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 20 Jun 2012, 2:06 PM
  2. Down with UN Agenda 21
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 15
    Last post: 10 Feb 2012, 4:51 PM
  3. Zoning New code = Agenda 21???
    Land Use and Zoning