Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Moonlighting opportunities

Registered
    Aug 2001

Moonlighting opportunities

I am happy to say that after three riugh years my business is getting back up to the volume where I need to look for outside help. I'm still a little leary about taking on employees again until I am sure it is going to be a steady thing, but am thinking I may be able to add a couple people on an as-needed contract basis. Perhaps some Cyburbians might be interested?

The work I do is primarily economic development planning, market analysis, and downtown revitalization. I currently have one of each type of project as well as a park plan I am working on. Some of the project elements I can easily farm out are things like GIS, graphic design, and data collection. It would be more interesting to see if there are some experienced folks who might want to get more involved in the deisgn, site visits, and writing of the report.

I am curious, also, to see if there are others who have taken this approach in building their practice. While I do commonly partner with others, we are not often successful in the bidding. I often hear from the client that they went with someone who could provide everything under one roof. Maybe this approach will let me get around that.

I am open to thoughts or advice, and if you are interested in moonlighting, let's talk.

[MODS - feel free to move this if you don't think it is in the right forum.]
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Feb 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Cardinal View post

I am curious, also, to see if there are others who have taken this approach in building their practice. While I do commonly partner with others, we are not often successful in the bidding. I often hear from the client that they went with someone who could provide everything under one roof. Maybe this approach will let me get around that.

I am open to thoughts or advice, and if you are interested in moonlighting, let's talk.

[MODS - feel free to move this if you don't think it is in the right forum.]
    Glad to hear work is picking up. On the partnering thing, many locals are afraid they might have to deal with more than one person.

Registered
    Apr 2013

Interested

I would be interested in moonlighting opportunities if they are still available. I am an experienced planner with significant experience in economic development, affordable housing, environmental planning and transportation.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. [IowaAPA] CM opportunities
    APA Iowa Chapter
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 17 Jun 2009, 1:05 PM
  2. Co-op opportunities
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 14 Feb 2009, 7:15 AM
  3. Moonlighting? Your thoughts
    Career Development and Advice