Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Texas Conference Oct 3-6

Texas Conference Oct 3-6

Anyone going to the Fort Worth Texas Conference Oct 3-6?

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I'll be there. I think Salmissra was coming as well, but I'm not sure.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Aug 2004
    I'll be there on Friday only. Since the social activities are not included in a single day registration, I will be dependent on the welfare of others to get to the Rahr event.

I'm local, so I can do a Laefest on Thursday!

Do we want to try to have a Cyburbia lunch table? Secret handshake? Password?
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Salmissra View post
    I'll be there on Friday only. Since the social activities are not included in a single day registration, I will be dependent on the welfare of others to get to the Rahr event.

I'm local, so I can do a Laefest on Thursday!

Do we want to try to have a Cyburbia lunch table? Secret handshake? Password?
    I'll hook you up with my Rahr ticket--I have to leave after the awards luncheon. I don't totally understand what the big deal is in DFW about Rahr & Sons beer products--I've had several of them and found them disappointing.

I'll be sitting with my city counterparts for the awards luncheon--we're receiving one of the awards!
    Last edited by Suburb Repairman; 26 Sep 2012 at 11:11 AM.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Suburb Repairman View post
    I'll hook you up with my Rahr ticket--I have to leave after the awards luncheon. I don't totally understand what the big deal is in DFW about Rahr & Sons beer products--I've had several of them and found them disappointing.

I'll be sitting with my city counterparts for the awards luncheon--we're receiving one of the awards!
    I've very interested in their setup. Dallas recently revised their code to allow breweries and brewpubs. I want to see one in action.

Since I have to drive home, I won't be imbibing much at all. I like their Bucking Bock, but their Ugly Pug isn't to my liking.

St. Arnold's out of Houston still makes my favoritest brews. Love the Oktoberfest, waiting anxiously for the Pumpkinator, and the other seasonal brews are outstanding! Lawnmower, Elissa, and Christmas Bock are awesome!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Well, it seems that we don't have enough interest in a Laefest. I'll put something on my nametag to denote that I'm a Cyburbian, in case I run into any of you!

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Sal--you should come to my ethics session on Friday. You know you want to.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Suburb Repairman View post
    Sal--you should come to my ethics session on Friday. You know you want to.
    I will be there, because I still need my Ethics CLE credits this cycle. My only other AICP coworker will be there, too! I'll make sure you get at least 2 excellent evaluations!

We are debating not going to the Rahr event and just leaving after the last session. Since I'm driving, I wouldn't be able to drink much at the event, plus I'm dealing with two sick dogs at home and will want to check on them. Since it's more social than necessary, I don't think I'll miss much other than possible networking.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Ran into two fellow Cyburbians today!

'Burb Fixer co-lead the ethics session this morning. I better get my full 1.5 credits hours!! And congrats on the award!

Joe Iliff and I chatted in the hallway, catching up.

Overall a good day. My lunch was a bit overcooked, but I've definately had worse. I just wish my coworkers hadn't sat with me at lunch - I prefer meeting new people. It's hard to do that with a loudmouth-lacks-table-manners coworker nearby!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 06 Jan 2013, 5:16 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 10 Apr 2010, 2:19 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last post: 15 Sep 2009, 12:30 PM
  4. APA Texas Chapter conference 2009
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 28 Jul 2009, 10:35 PM