Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: The ADD thread

Registered
    Feb 2004

The ADD thread

It's when you have difficulty keeping your mind on one thing and for some being hyperactive.

(and please, I really can't be bothered with the whole 'trying to create context for discussion' thing. I'm sure you can figure that out for yourselves)
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Today I had to deal with a guy who called about tents in his yard. Last year I took my kids camping and it was hell. I swear my mother is going to kill me if I don't get to church more often. My father rode his bike to my house last week. I bought my wife a bike for her birthday. My boss's birthday was last week. My boss answered the guys question about tents, because I was doing other stuff....

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I know I went to the garage to get something. Why am I here?
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    SQUIRREL =>
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Whenever I feel my ADD acting up I read stuff in the RTDNTOTO. It is like scratching an itch. Reading for 20 minutes buys me a good solid 5 minutes focus without any noise between my ears before I have to play something on my phone, walk around, or google band names I've thought up to see if someone's already called that. Incidentally "Hemlock" and "O Mighty Isis" are already taken. Jeez.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 16
    Last post: 07 Jan 2013, 10:49 PM
  2. Thread thread attention split
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 08 May 2012, 4:35 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last post: 17 Jun 2011, 3:41 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last post: 18 Oct 2006, 4:13 PM