Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 55 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1666

Thread: Five Things Tuesday

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    1. It's Tuesday and it's raining meaning another soccer match is cancelled/postponed.
    2. There is a long agenda tonight for Council + the strong possibility for a closed session item.
    3. The car gets a new water pump on Thursday which coincides perfectly with getting paid.
    4. It need tires too, but that can wait for right now.
    5. The Girl found the Chicago record albums and seems to like the early ones.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2005
    1. Department head meeting only lasted a half hour this morning - that could be a record for the shortest.
    2. No one was interested in dinner last night for some reason, but I made grilled cheese sandwiches @ 9:00.
    3. Fire Inspector vs. Building Inspector vs. Zoning Administration - this is not a WWE event, its local.
    4. My brother retired 3 years ago. He said he's bored now.
    5. I didn't think I'd like them, but the Thin Oreos are pretty good. But they are Oreos so why wouldn't they be good.
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2004
    1) Nothing like emails from higher ups sent at 4:20 AM. Who is making great decisions at that hour???

2) Cold but sunny this morning. Warm later. Spring is here - for now.

3) Date night with Hubby this weekend! Woo-hoo!

4) Still really like my green nail polish.

5) I'm sad that GSC season is over.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

1. Flight to the Lone Star state is booked
    2. Corpus Christi/ Padre Island is on the agenda
    3. Going to the battle ship and boat trip out into the Gulf is also on the agenda
    4. That will be the third trip out into the Gulf from a different starting point
    5. The weather swigs are a bit maddening.
    Last edited by Whose Yur Planner; 13 Mar 2018 at 12:04 PM.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    1) At least the sun is melting the snow we got. However the early release yesterday the the late start today for the schools has my schedule all screwed up.
    2) I am freaking exhausted.
    3) Why does my to-do list grow faster than I can check it off?
    4) I might take a nap at lunch today.
    5) I think that developers might look at them selves as saviors or something. I mean it is amazing how many times I have heard, "Oh we can't do that, it would kill the deal!" Yet as if it was divine intervention, they were able to do what we asked and the deal did not die.
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    1. Thankfully the forecasted snow was mostly a bust.
    2. Booked my flight and hotel to Omaha for a conference first week in May. What is there to do in Omaha?
    3. Developers think I am nice. They will learn.
    4. Started helping RT rip up the crappy flooring in her house, will be spending this weekend finishing the rest of the rip out.
    5. I hope spring weather arrives soon.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    What is there to do in Omaha?
    College World Series, but that's in June.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

1. Got a package from my Aunt
    2. It contained some relics from my family's past.
    3. Including a Catholic prayer book in German from the 1820s
    4. Interesting holding something in my hands that my distant ancestors once held.
    5. Something tells most of the books printed to day won't last that long.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Mar 2005
    1. Spent 2 hours listening to the HBA lobbyist and a state representative say that affordable housing can not be built because of too many regulations.
    2. Followed by "Please donate to the BuildPAC" commercial.
    3. The local BBQ place now has smoked wings - damn those were good for lunch today.
    4. Potential is high for another soccer match cancellation due to rain.
    5. Budget meeting @ 5:00, followed by a regular Council meeting @ 7:00 (& the agenda is not short).

Registered
    Aug 2004
    1) Another day, another attempt to get through plan review knowing that the rules don't apply.

2) Nice enough weather for the dog to get an extra walk before bed.

3) Need to get my car washed - inside and out.

4) Work stuff tonight, then home normal time the rest of the week!

5) Why do people send an email and leave a voicemail? Isn't one or the other enough?
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Apr 2003
    1) I did not get to the gym today... At least I have been consistent at not going for the past few weeks.
    2) Yesterday while bringing the crib sheet into the daycare for my youngest, I noticed a pair of my wife's underwear was stuck to it. I am glad I noticed it before my son's teacher.
    3) My wife indicated that she is thinking that she wants a newer vehicle. Something with a few more bells and whistles. On Sunday I bought her a bell and a whistle and taped them to her dash board. She was not amused.
    4) Someone gave my kid a Kazoo. I am trying to determine who would hate me that bad.
    5) I had beers with my a couple of neighbors this weekend. One is going to be a new dad of twin baby girls. The doctor indicated that she was not going to go into labor this week so he felt good about that. (they are at 35 weeks right now)... This morning her water broke...
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    1) It is a 4 day week for me and it is 29.6875% over.
    2) According to the weather guy, today is the last day that it will be cold. Starting tomorrow, it will feel like spring in NC.
    3) My kids were in a super good mood this morning, which makes my morning go better since the wife leaves for work before they get up.
    4) I am not feeling the greatest today... seasonal allergies suck.
    5) New Yankee Workshop will be available on the This Old House website. I am mostly fired up about this, but I would rather them start recording new episodes. I really like the how to format for each project.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    1. There are only 3 people who live in our house and I'm amazed at the amount of toilet paper we go through.
    2. There's always that one developer that is a POS to deal with & I had to deal with him today.
    3. "they" say tomorrow will be warm & I sincerely hope "they" are right.
    4. I haven't had a soda in a week.
    5. Found an issue on a PUD that was approved 15 years ago. Now public works has to deal with it & they're not happy campers.

Registered
    May 2006
    1. I replaced my 1991 Volvo 245 that was totaled last month in a black ice induced highway accident with a 1992 Volvo 244
    2. The '92 244 has ground wiring issues I am trying to sort out
    3. I moved back in with my parents to save money after having to buy a new daily driver
    4. I hate Northwestern New Jersey
    5. I have to sell the '81 Mercedes.

Dont buy old cars when you know in the back of your mind, that your new job is a bad idea. Also, dont drop out of grad school.

This Mamaluke is heading back to The Bronx where I belong, to finish what I started and stop making excuses. Time to obtain the MUP.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    1. I'm tired and I don't know why.
    2. I am ready for spring weather.
    3. I am excited my hockey team will likely make the playoffs even if they won't go far.
    4. Trying to figure out if I should groom the 2 year intern into an assistant.
    5. Leftovers for lunch.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2004
    1. Last night was a decidedly mediocre night of sleep. Maybe four and a half hours. Not enough that I'm exhausted but still not mentally sharp
    2. 16 bean soup for dinner tonight
    3. We're making enough soup in the slow cooker so we'll have some to freeze for later enjoyment/use
    4. Junior was over three hours late coming back from a friend's house yesterday. His reason.....he forgot.
    5. It may not be a homer thing to admit to, but I don't understand all the hoopla surrounding Bell's Solsun Ale. Meh.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2004
    1) P&Z tonight, and it's going to be a looooong one. Which sucks because the dog is home alone.

2) Crappy weather, too. I actually want it to be pouring rain so that fewer people attend.

3) Tired because I stayed up too late last night.

4) Our HR rep is doing a good job of sending over resumes for our posted position. She's also helping set up interviews.

5) I hope the rest of this week zips by. I have plans this weekend!!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    1) Wife and the kids all have the day off tomorrow. She wants to take them to the Children's Museum.
    2) I signed up for Kindle Unlimited today. I found about 25 books that I want to read so I figured why not. It only saves me money if I read them fast enough though.
    3) This whole bio-hacking thing is very interesting and very scientific. It is all about testing, recording results, and making modifications based on data. What is interesting is different people do different 'hacks' and part of me wants to see what would happen if I did all the hacks at the same time.
    4) I think I might string the full size plan rolls together and build a fence or maybe a wall.
    5) I do not feel like cooking dinner tonight... but I am not sure what I want to eat.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    1. Went on a site visit with the police. They let me ride in the front seat for which I am always grateful.
    2. I slept through most of the 2nd half of the final game last night. I did wake up with about a minute to play.
    3. I need to rebuild the guts of my grill, but no one sells replacement parts for this model so its either make something up or buy a new grill.
    4. Everything is turning yellow - its beginning to be that time of year for pollen
    5. T - I'd love to buy your Mercedes and put a Ford Coyote or LS engine in it.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    1. Department budget meeting with CM & Finance has been postponed until they get done drilling Recreation.
    2. This cough is not making me happy.
    3. Pollen, pollen everywhere and everything is yellow.
    4. Bid opening today and I'm quite apprehensive about it.
    5. The FBI has not raided my office.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    1) Lunch with the Chiefs today! Still don't know where I'm going.

2) Dog was not happy with me yesterday, 'cause I took her to the vet to get her nails cut. If she wouldn't act like a berserker when I try to do it, she wouldn't have to go to the vet for it!

3) Had a great weekend in Dallas at the Fiber Fest. Learned a lot and also bought a few things.

4) Weather was crazy for the weekend, and is still a good 10 degrees cooler than the norm.

5) Parental units are settled back in their place. Good. I hope they stay put for a while.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    1) This morning I really got a grip on the number of balls that I am juggling at work. It is going to be a few months before I can really delegate stuff to others.
    2) We are planning our summer vacation which will be geared towards teaching the kids about colonial and civil war history. We will also toss an amusement park day in there too.
    3) I still need to figure out a day where I can take off work to just unplug and refresh.
    4) I keep trying to eat healthy... and fail over and over again.
    5) I am making tacos for dinner tonight... not sure what I want to do about lunch.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    1. Finally finished the internal environmental review process guide for HUD projects.
    2. HUD consultants scheduled a conference call with us, they didn't show up. The county attorney sends us an email #professionalism and we replied #bencarson
    3. I was feeling too lazy to go out for lunch so my lunch consisted of snacks that are in my office and a diet coke.
    4. One of my dear friends from grad school just moved back to NJ and found a job in PA.
    5. Hoping for nice weather this weekend. I'm over the cold.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    1. DOT & our consultant engineer are having a pissing match - at the 11th hour.
    2. I get to go see the doctor on Friday for routine stuff, but I'll take advantage to ask about something else.
    3. The Girl got her picture in the newspaper - it was of her battling another in a high school match.
    4. Looking forward to going back to Savannah in a few weeks.
    5. tRump & Cohen & Hannity oh my!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    1. I've done about 2 hours of work.
    2. The rest of my day has been peppered with interruptions.
    3. The homebuyer resource guide I created was approved for distribution.
    4. I figured out the root cause of a pesky accounting discrepancy and the fix is easy.
    5. The main non-profit developer we work with is going to be cut off from new projects for a while until he finishes a bunch of existing projects. He is going to be pissed off at being told no.

+ Reply to thread
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 55 64 65 66 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Next tuesday
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 23 Jan 2012, 3:35 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 22 Dec 2006, 8:41 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last post: 08 Dec 2005, 10:42 PM
  4. Super Tuesday