Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Cuppa woes ... UIC MUPP Application issues

Registered
    Feb 2011

Cuppa woes ... UIC MUPP Application issues

Here is the prog. link. :: http://www.uic.edu/cuppa/upp/prospec...pply_mupp.html

I am a little confsued with some of the admission requirements at UI-Chicago. All three of my recommenders have sent in the recommenders through the link from the portal.

1. University Admission Policy: Bachelor's degree from accredited institution
    2. Minimum Undergraduate GPA: 3.0 for final 60 semester hours
    3. Minimum GRE: No Requirements (no recommended score if taken)
    4. Minimum TOEFL: 550 paper-based; 213 computer-based; TOEFL ibt 80
    5. Ranking in Undergraduate Class: Not Required
    6. Departmental Requirement: 3 letters of recommendation, personal statement and writing sample
    7. GRE and resume for Assistantship
    8. Electronic submission
    9. Admissions Review Cover Sheet

My issue is with these two – (7) & (9). Both documents need a signature. Do I just print this out, sign and upload the scan?

The pain doesn’t end here. There is also a longish read-only PDF form called the “ Application for Graduate Appointment.” . I am not comfortable with asking my recommenders to fill it by hand. The deadline is Jan 1 and I am getting all these OOO replies when I email them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UIC.capture.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	5233

Clipped from attachment:

Admissions Review Covert Sheet and Application for Graduate Appointment (no additional letters of recommendation required for AGA) can be found at:

no additional letters required?!
    This is confusing and conflicting

Any current students/other applicants to the MUPP, please chime in.
    Thanks

Registered
    Nov 2012
    Hey. I also applied to UIC MUPP. Hope my reply isn't too late.

For 7 I just printed out the form, filled it in nicely in dark black ink, printed the essay portion and taped it on there, signed, then scanned it in to be uploaded. I also printed out the scan, and mailed a hard copy to the offices. There weren't any really specific instructions.

However, after I already submitted it, I found a link to a fillable PDF form by Googling "UIC Graduate Appointment." I don't know why the one linked to from the MUPP page was not fillable, but the fillable one would have been a lot easier.

If you're having the recommenders submit online and it was within the last year, you don't need to submit the recommendations again. This is written on the form somewhere.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 15 Jan 2013, 12:30 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 23 Oct 2012, 11:51 AM
  3. MUPP students at UIC?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 12 Feb 2006, 11:35 PM
  4. Private Message woes
    Cyburbia Issues and Help