Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Question about change of use triggering additional required parking

Registered
    Oct 2012

Question about change of use triggering additional required parking

Hello my name is Julie and I have a question.

My church just purchased a new premises in Wilton Manors. It used to be a bank. It was built in the 70s. We are now seeking building permits to refurbish the premises and are required to bring quite a bit up to code.

The City of Wilton Manors have given us a specification of the parking space dimensions that need to be expanded on from the existing space size, due to the change in the code requirements. My question is this. 1) What year was the code changed to increase the size of the space requirement and 2) is it possible to allocate a portion of the spaces as per the code and allocate the remainder portion for compact cars only, leaving them the size they are?

I'd be grateful for your response.

Moderator note:
    Gedunker
    Hi, Julescook and welcome to Cyburbia. Because your post is more a question than a true introduction thread --and because you'll get more and better responses in this thread -- I moved it from the Introduce Yourself subforum. Again, welcome to Cyburbia.
    Last edited by Gedunker; 10 Oct 2012 at 2:04 PM.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Julie -- Because almost all municipal codes vary to an extent, I advise you to contact Wilton Manors for answers to your questions. Call them at 954-390-2180. You will find your local planners are helpful and friendly people. Here's a link.

http://www.wiltonmanors.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={AD8FCC64-4162-40C7-91E6-E98A3AA10666}

That didn't work so well...cut and paste the link into you browser. That will work.
    Last edited by Richmond Jake; 10 Oct 2012 at 6:01 PM.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 13 Feb 2013, 1:14 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 01 Jul 2009, 10:58 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last post: 13 Mar 2008, 2:11 PM
  4. fee in lieu of required parking
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 3