Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: That dumb or just faking it.

Registered
    Apr 2003

That dumb or just faking it.

Sometimes we come across people who do or say something that is so profoundly stupid, you wonder if it is real or if they are just that dumb. Sometimes, they speak at public hearings, sometimes they post opinions in the news paper, sometimes they call local radio shows... Here is an example of what I am talking about.

How do you handle people like this without breaking down into a rolling on the floor, wetting your pants laugh fest?

(on a side note, should deer cross on the crosswalks at lights?)
    There is no such thing as failure, only learning experiences. However, it is our choice to learn the lesson and change or not.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    must....not....respond.....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I think she had a good point. Just look how many children show up at those school crosswalks and you almost never see a train crossing the road unless there is a rail sing cross road sign. It's a conspiracy, I tells ya.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    From snopes.com - Moving the Deer Crossing Sign

http://www.snopes.com/humor/letters/deercrossing.asp

Registered
    Jan 2005
    If I had a nickle for every time a woman asked me that question....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I used to think it was stupid for irons to have a warning label that warned not to iron your clothing while wearing it, until an administrative assistant I worked with did just that and burned herself.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    I used to think it was stupid for irons to have a warning label that warned not to iron your clothing while wearing it, until an administrative assistant I worked with did just that and burned herself.
    True Confession: I once was checking to see if the iron was hot yet.....and I do this by putting it close to my cheek. Well, I wasn't thinking and I put it right on my face. Yes. I had an "iron-pattern" burned lightly into my left cheek for a while. It was really embarassing to explain. My point is.....I guess that I am that dumb!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Award to dumb bar owner goes to...
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 23 Dec 2005, 12:35 PM
  2. dumb and dumber
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 05 Jul 2005, 6:45 PM
  3. Dumb Laws
    Friday Afternoon Club