Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Bear's group-written obituary & memorial thread

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    I encourage all Cyburbians who can, to contribute to the Humane Society in Bear's name. The Toledo branch is located in Maumee, and we've all heard of Maumee! They will notify Katie if you contribute.
    This is right around the corner from us. We picked up one of kitties there. So sad that I moved back home recently and never had a chance to meet BUN.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2003
    I second Gotta Speakup's adjective "thoughtful". I never actually exchanged posts with him, but his patient explanations and gentle humor were all too rare, and not just online either. Very refreshing, and thought-provoking. Definitely gave the impression of being more "teddy" than "grizzly." I only just found out about his passing, and didn't know him personally, so it feels a bit out of my place to send condolences now to his family (or to you, illinoisplanner, on the loss of your father; I am so very sorry), so I've sent up a little prayer, for both the Raczkos and illinoisplanner.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

It's never "too late"

Quote Originally posted by B'lieve View post
    I second Gotta Speakup's adjective "thoughtful". I never actually exchanged posts with him, but his patient explanations and gentle humor were all too rare, and not just online either. Very refreshing, and thought-provoking. Definitely gave the impression of being more "teddy" than "grizzly." I only just found out about his passing, and didn't know him personally, so it feels a bit out of my place to send condolences now to his family (or to you, illinoisplanner, on the loss of your father; I am so very sorry), so I've sent up a little prayer, for both the Raczkos and illinoisplanner.
    Sending virtual condolences, with an appropriate subject line, is always thoughtful. And you can sign a digital guest book any time. I'm a fan of sharing links to articles about coping, or those attractive photo messages that appear on FB.

What's not so good is sad-bombing someone months later, in person. "Veloise, I just found out that your mother died, and I'm so sorry for your loss" at a big happy lively contra dance, after the speaker noticed me bouncing around having fun for a couple of hours. Gee thanks, I was having a good time until you reminded me.

I am about to suggest a few of my widowed-too-soon FB friends to Katie.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. [Snark] Dan: a memorial thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 01 Oct 2012, 1:05 PM
  2. Bear's Birthday
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 24
    Last post: 29 Aug 2012, 1:47 PM
  3. Your own obituary