Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Domain expired?

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

Domain expired?

Folks are posting on FB that they can't access this site, and are getting an "expired domain" message. Hmmmm...

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Dan, I know you're not around here much these days, but if you read this you might want to look into it.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    He fixed something. Because now it isn't broken. Why could some get on and others couldn't?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    He fixed something. Because now it isn't broken. Why could some get on and others couldn't?
    It was due to the way the DNS system works. I won't go into the long explanation, but it was basically becasue they had unexpired cached DNS records. Their computer still knew what IP was associated with Cyburbia.org.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 19
    Last post: 11 Dec 2014, 3:08 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 13 Jul 2013, 1:48 PM
  3. It expired WHEN?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 25
    Last post: 14 Nov 2011, 11:42 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last post: 17 Jan 2005, 10:41 AM