A Safe Space For Planners (SS4P) is a subforum that provides an environment to discuss work, projects, ideas, work, news and opinion that may require candid, confidential treatment, and thus, an audience that does not include the general public. SS4P intends to offer the kind of privacy inherent to mailing lists in a message board format.
Access to SS4P is only available only to administrators, moderators, and Cyburbia Forums members who have asked for and been granted access; generally planners or related professionals, currently working or not, with 100 posts or more. SS4P members must be willing to reveal their real life identity (real name, link to Facebook or LinkedIn profile),
Rules: (The following will eventually be posted with the main forum rules)
1) Information posted on in confidence on SS4P, or the identity of any members, must not be revealed in public forums on Cyburbia.
2) SS4P is not a snark forum or exclusive club. Do not snark on other Cyburbia members, or named or implied individuals.
Members may ave their SS4P access suspended or revoked if they violate these rules.
3) All other Cyburbia Forums rules apply.
1) Before you start a new thread in SS4P, ask "Can I post this thread in a public forum with no repercussions? " and "Have I posted threads like this in a public forum before?" If the answer is yes to either, don't start it in SS4P.
SS4P is not a private equivalent of other subforums on Cyburbia, or intended as a place to post "the really good stuff". If a thread or post can be made in a public forum, it should be made there, so others may continue to benefit from the collective knowledge and experience of Cyburbia's members.
Basically, don't start a thread in SS4C only because you don't want the public to possibly find your post, or don't want to leave any kind of breadcrumbs.
2) While there s a benefit to being able to discuss issues with firms, changing principals, instability at a municipality/firm hiring, etc., SS4P should not be considered a gossip forum.