Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: TS's family = targets of discrimination

Registered
    May 2004
    That's absolutely ridiculous that they could fire you for being gay. What the hell is wrong with people in this country?
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    May 2005
    Well, I had not posted here because I didn't have any good advice beyond that already provided. Sounds like you are heading in the right direction.

But I did feel compelled to add my voice to the supporters. I hate dealing with health insurance companies anyway and this kind of ridiculous cap would just send me over the edge. Time to join the civilized world, people!

Keep us posted - Cyburbia's got your back for sure. And I'm sorry you are having to deal with this now when you really shouldn't be worrying about anything but the little one's sleeping, eating and pooping.
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Nov 2009

Good News Update

I just received notification that my son will be added to the policy after all!!!!!!

I'm not sure if one of my attorneys called and did some heavy lifting and I just haven't heard about it yet, or if it was my boss and my boss' boss fighting about it on my behalf, but they have changed their minds.

I can stop stressing out and don't have to go on welfare!

Hip hip hurray!
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    That's great news!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Bravo, TS, bravo.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Fantastic news, TS! Yay!!!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Congratulations! That is great news!
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Jan 2005
    The system at work! Great to hear!! Congrats!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Great news for all of you!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Oct 2005
    These are the growing pains that the country will be going through for many years as we transition from "traditional" families to "non-traditional" families. Old government and insurance structure is not flexible as we all know so trying to apply any amount of thought or rationale won't get you far. I'm sorry you have to go through this and hope some resolve can come without the lawyers and courts.

..... and after I wrote that I see that all is resolved, glad the tyke has coverage.
    @GigCityPlanner

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Wonderful news, TS.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    I just received notification that my son will be added to the policy after all!!!!!!

I'm not sure if one of my attorneys called and did some heavy lifting and I just haven't heard about it yet, or if it was my boss and my boss' boss fighting about it on my behalf, but they have changed their minds.

Hip hip hurray!
    Congrats!!! I wonder if the voter approval of same-sex marriage laws yesterday had anything to do with it. There's been a sea change in attitudes towards same sex marriage in just the last year or so (even since NY approved it), from only a plurality of Americans approving it to a small majority in favor of it.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

Registered
    Nov 2006

Fat Cat

I am happy for you and yours

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    These are the growing pains that the country will be going through for many years as we transition from "traditional" families to "non-traditional" families. Old government and insurance structure is not flexible as we all know so trying to apply any amount of thought or rationale won't get you far. I'm sorry you have to go through this and hope some resolve can come without the lawyers and courts.

..... and after I wrote that I see that all is resolved, glad the tyke has coverage.
    Agreed. And yay!!!!
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post

Hip hip hurray!
    Way to fight the system!
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Congrats!

Hugs all around!

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Linda_D View post
    Congrats!!! I wonder if the voter approval of same-sex marriage laws yesterday had anything to do with it. There's been a sea change in attitudes towards same sex marriage in just the last year or so (even since NY approved it), from only a plurality of Americans approving it to a small majority in favor of it.
    I was wondering the same thing. Turns out neither of my attorneys had contacted them yet, so the change of opinion must have stemmed from my boss going down there and advocating for me. I suspect the election results also influenced this decision. So glad to have this battle over without the costs of paying for attorneys and going to court, but I am relieved there are attorneys out there who could and would have fought for us!

Thanks for all the support from my Cyburbia family too!
    Occupy Your Brain!

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

More at Cyburbia

1. Mustaches and hiring discrimination
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 36
    Last post: 22 Dec 2010, 7:43 PM
  2. Easy Targets (for AFD)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 01 Apr 2010, 10:00 AM