Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Early Voting - Have you ?

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    We had an early voting location in my building, so it was too easy for me to pass up despite having long been a Voting Day traditionalist. Same thing for my wife--her hospital was also an early voting location this year.

The location at my building had incredibly long lines all day on all three days of voting. I waited about 45 minutes when I went.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Nope, going old school and going to the voting precent on my way to work in the morning.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    I'll vote in our precinct around the corner from our house either mid-morning or mid-afternoon - generally the round trip plus voting takes under 10 minutes (or longer if I walk it - depends on the weather).
    Yeah...temps in 40s and raining...I ain't walking it.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I voted in the Appleton city clerk's office on the first day of 'early' voting two weeks ago.

There was virtually no line on that Monday afternoon.

I have a fear of walking into the polling place on the day of a major election only to find that someone else had already voted under my name. (Dane County (Madison) judges are working their darndest to prevent a sensible photo ID requirement for voting law from taking effect. )

Mike

I waited 90 minutes to vote! But the weather is nice (cool but sunny), the people around us were nice, one of the senate candidates had supporters passing around cookies, and there is something fulfilling about voting (I get gushy patriotic when I do).

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    I did not intend it to be, all I was asking if you had early voting & did you. That is not political just a question of access.
    How do we choose our political leaders. I have been called out on almost every thead that I have posted about anything that might even come close to politics. Oh wait... I am not a liberal.

On topic, something about voting early in MI seems wrong. The polls are open for 13 hours... Most people should be able to vote in person....
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I love early voting. However, I do wish it started earlier. I like bringing my kids with me. They like getting the sticker.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 13 Jan 2010, 11:38 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 08 Jun 2006, 10:59 AM
  3. Fun with voting in Ohio
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 29 Oct 2004, 9:43 PM
  4. Practice voting
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 06 Oct 2004, 10:46 AM
  5. On the subject of communities and voting....
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 05 May 2004, 6:49 PM