Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Hey from Chicago :)

Registered
    Nov 2012

Hey from Chicago :)

Hey everyone, just stopping by to say hey! I'm a new user, primarily here because I'm scoping out information because I'm looking at urban planning schools, but also because I'm interested in discussion with others interested in planning.

I went to school at UW-Milwaukee, where I got a Bachelor's in French and Sociology, a minor in Economics, and a certificate in Urban Planning. I now work for a market research firm, but I'm looking at going to get my Master's eventually. I studied abroad in Paris, and I'm looking into the possibility of studying in a foreign country again.

I also write a blog called Transitized (transitized.com). My main interest is transportation and urban planning, which is why I write my ideas, thoughts, and issues with urban transportation. I live in Chicago now, so a lot of my focus is there – but I like writing about other cities as well. I hope you check it out and let me know what you think!

Happy to get started here!

Shaun

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Welcome from the Florida panhandle.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! Determiner of Elections! Glad to have you.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Welcome from SW Ohio (as well).

Prior to being in SW Ohio, I worked in the NW suburbs of Chicago for 8 years. If you have any questions, let me know.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from New York!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2012

Greetings from Bulgaria

Hello,
    I'm a Naperville-native and now live in Bulgaria. Welcome!

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Hello from Chicago!
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 08 Mar 2010, 1:42 AM
  2. Hello from Chicago
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 17 Jul 2008, 10:12 AM
  3. Greetings from Chicago
    Introduce Yourself