Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Cyburbia FAC Elections 2012

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Of course. We're not savages.
    You heard it here first... why would you elect someone who isn't a savage? I will savagely defend the Post Count of the RTDNTOTO, unlike my opponents. Also, it sure seems like we are getting a lot of third party candidates... a vote for Ofos or Mastiff is a vote for the status quo. Don't be a lemming.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    You heard it here first... why would you elect someone who isn't a savage? I will savagely defend the Post Count of the RTDNTOTO, unlike my opponents. Also, it sure seems like we are getting a lot of third party candidates... a vote for Ofos or Mastiff is a vote for the status quo. Don't be a lemming.
    Yes, don't be a lemming! Don't be like Hink!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Feb 2007
    What will the candidate due to stem the tide of illegal immigrant activity from the likes of india, pak-ee-stan, and other far away places?
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    What will the candidate due to stem the tide of illegal immigrant activity from the likes of india, pak-ee-stan, and other far away places?
    This is a local election, sir. So we handle things like keeping Macy*s out of the FAC. We have Dan at the next level to keep banning those IPs. I, of course, support his effort in this much more than my opponents. Thank you for your excellent question, and don't forget to vote! For me...

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Three reasons to vote for Maister, the Splitting Party candidate:

1. There will be lots of new threads.

2. It'll be a vote against Hink*

* notice how I completely ignored all the third party candidates? You get to do that when you belong to a Major Party
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    ...and what are your thoughts on capitol punishment, ala the banhammer?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    The only thing my opponent and I agree on is that we will ignore 3rd party candidates, because really the funding mechanisms support just two parties here.

As for my opponent... Maister has again proven how easily dog distract him from what should be his job of promoting more posts within the RTDNTOTO thread. He didn't even create a poll on this thread, so we can't even vote.

Voter suppression at its worst....

Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    ...and what are your thoughts on capitol punishment, ala the banhammer?
    That is a great question, LP. Really great. Like amazingly great. Just like you....

I strongly believe that we should review how we deal with bannings and if they are warranted then we should create a committee to determine whether or not it goes forward to the supreme leader, Dan.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I would like to know the candidates' positions on additional smilies. Specifically, these.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    I would like to know the candidates' positions on additional smilies. Specifically, these.

I support them all... unless you don't like them, then I don't support them.

Anything that adds additional ways to post pad in the RTDNTOTO I support.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I would like to know the candidates' positions on additional smilies.
    This is the position that my constituents take on additional smilies.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	5047
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    I believe I am an undecided voter so swoon me with all your good deeds...
    Im always happy to answer perceptive and insightful questions from beautiful, intelligent, well-informed voters like yourself.

Let's see, before lunch today, I successfully implemented a plan to pay off the national debt that does not involve either raising taxes or reducing expenditures, I brokered a peace deal between the Israelis and Palestinians, and currently am working on completing the Grand Unification Theory - I may not be done, however, until almost 5:00 with that.

Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian
    and what are your thoughts on capitol punishment, ala the banhammer?
    You know, that is one of the best questions I've heard anyone ask. Ever.
    As usual, my opponent Hink's position on this issue is as muddled and confused as we've come to expect. I on the other hand feel strongly about this matter. The important thing here is that our Supreme Leader Dan should get the very best information and opinions available in deciding whether or not a banhammer is appropriate. To that end I propose we create a special fact-finding committee which would report their findings and opinions directly to him.

I support them all with the exception of the smilie who appears to be in some discomfort as he shakes hands rather vigorously. I'm not altogether sure I understand how that one could prove to be useful. [holds hand to earpiece] What I mean to say is I support them all except the one who is masticating. People shouldn't need to be told how many times to chew their food. [holds hand to earpiece]...what did you say? Um Dan, let me get back to you on that question.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    What are your thoughts about

a non native hoosier who doesn't really care about college basketball (like IU, let alone Louisville or UK) until March ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    What are your thoughts about

a non native hoosier who doesn't really care about college basketball (like IU, let alone Louisville or UK) until March ?
    You should vote for Maister.... my tent is big, but we have no room for people who don't love college basketball.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    * notice how I completely ignored all the third party candidates? You get to do that when you belong to a Major Party
    The only thing my opponent and I agree on is that we will ignore 3rd party candidates, because really the funding mechanisms support just two parties here.
    Ignoring 3rd party candidates in a bipartisan election? Say...I'm starting to think this election is more about protecting the incumbents and the status quo than bringing about change. I'm glad it doesn't work that way in real government.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2004
    You should vote for Maister.... my tent is big, but...
    I think what my opponent was suggesting is that my tent is bigger.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I think what my opponent was suggesting is that my tent is bigger.
    Big enough for this three ring circus ?
    Oddball

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Big enough for this three ring circus ?
    Bigger than his tent at any rate.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    New information shows that Maister let several threads die when he could have saved them. What kind of leadership is that?! Can we take four more years of that behavior?

Also, Hink has been party the exporting planners to other websites! Shocking, but true!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Looks like some early returns are starting come in. So that we can avoid allegations of any voting irregularities, we've asked an impartial third party (not even an American) to oversee the election process and ensure complete fairness in the democratic process....

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Yes, well, with 5% of precincts in New Hampshire reporting, thus far, it appears Maister is leading with 73%....Hink is next with 26% and Mastiff and ofos each with 0.5% a piece.
    Sorry.
    Canada is a place of infinite promise. We like the people, and if one ever had to emigrate, this would be the destination, not the U.S.A. The hills, lakes and forests make it a place of peace and repose of the mind, such as one never finds in the U.S.A.
    -- John Maynard Keynes

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Looks like some early returns are starting come in. So that we can avoid allegations of any voting irregularities, we've asked an impartial third party (not even an American) to oversee the election process and ensure complete fairness in the democratic process....
    Canadian ? or Australian ?
    Oddball

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I demand a recount!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Ignoring 3rd party candidates in a bipartisan election? Say...I'm starting to think this election is more about protecting the incumbents and the status quo than bringing about change. I'm glad it doesn't work that way in real government.
    Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely intentional

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Canadian Planner View post
    Yes, well, with 5% of precincts in New Hampshire reporting, thus far, it appears Maister is leading with 73%....Hink is next with 26% and Mastiff and ofos each with 0.5% a piece.
    Sorry.
    We all know that CAN'T be correct. I demand to see the CHADS!!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    We all know that CAN'T be correct. I demand to see the CHADS!!
    Too late. My lawyers have already got a judge to quash your lawyers' motion for an injunction.

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 06 Nov 2012, 2:17 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last post: 31 Aug 2012, 3:31 PM
  3. Cyburbia Fantasy Football 2012
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 02 Aug 2012, 9:52 PM
  4. Replies: 3