Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cyburbia FAC Elections 2012

Registered
    Jan 2005

The Cyburbia FAC Elections 2012

Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Must...not...split...off......"making cute li'l woodland creatures pay for their transgressions"....thread....
    You would spread the wealth to other threads! COMMIE!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Is it possible to get stats on the growth rate of this thread before and after Maister's pledge to stop splitting off so many threads?
    If I'm elected as FAC mod in 2013, I promise to prohibit splitting off any threads from RTDNTOTO.

Moderator note:
    this might appear to be a split from RTDNTOTO7, but I prefer to call it 'thread reapportionment' or 'thread re-allocation' take your pick.
    Last edited by Maister; 06 Nov 2012 at 8:14 AM.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008
    If I'm elected as FAC mod in 2013, I promise to prohibit splitting off any threads from RTDNTOTO.
    You....are such.....a liar. You have my vote.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    You....are such.....a liar. You have my vote.
    Besides, no one will remember next week that I promised not to split any more threads off. That will be ancient history. In the meantime I just need to amp up the smear campaign against my opponent.

Quote Originally posted by Hink
    You would spread the wealth to other threads! COMMIE!
    Don't vote for Hink. He wants to turn Cyburbia into a single thread phenomenon!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    Must...not...split...off......"making cute li'l woodland creatures pay for their transgressions"....thread....
    Thou shall make it a Toss Up..
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Besides, no one will remember next week that I promised not to split any more threads off. That will be ancient history. In the meantime I just need to amp up the smear campaign against my opponent.

Don't vote for Hink. He wants to turn Cyburbia into a single thread phenomenon!
    Maister says he wouldn't split anymore threads... but I have proof he has and will do this again. He also plans to outsource his thread splitting to China.

Maister might feel good in the short term, but I know you care about the long term welfare of the RTDNTOTO and would never elect someone who is so brash with the overall post count....

Vote for someone who will NEVER split a thread. Vote your conscience. Vote Hink.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Maister says he wouldn't split anymore threads... but I have proof he has and will do this again. He also plans to outsource his thread splitting to China.

Maister might feel good in the short term, but I know you care about the long term welfare of the RTDNTOTO and would never elect someone who is so brash with the overall post count....

Vote for someone who will NEVER split a thread. Vote your conscience. Vote Hink.
    I've got an anonymous donor who will give $1M to the charity of his choice if Maister will release his thread split report before the FAC Mod election.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Both Maister and Hink are slaves to their parties! They expect you to believe they will change?! Malarkey! Vote Independent!

VOTE MASTIFF!

He's never split a thread off here yet!

My name is Mastiff, and I approve this message.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    May 2005
    You all hate America. I'm voting for M'skis' squirrel.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    A vote for Hink is a vote to condemn our cities.

In 2005 Hink said:
    Quote Originally posted by Hink
    "I will....destroy....all of the posts in Cyburbia"
    Ask yourself - do you want all of your posts destroyed?

Vote Maister and protect what we all love about Cyburbia!

paid for by the cyburbian committee for responsible thread splitting

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    A vote for the squirrel is like a vote for Maister. Don't waste your vote...

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I've heard that squirrel is a 1%er. Lives off other peoples pumpkins while investing by hoarding the tax free nut market.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    Both Maister and Hink are slaves to their parties! They expect you to believe they will change?! Malarkey! Vote Independent!

VOTE MASTIFF!

He's never split a thread off here yet!

My name is Mastiff, and I approve this message.
    You must understand I didn't create RTDNTOTO. I inherited the thread from my predecessor. Yes, some threads were apportioned different positions in cyberspace under my watch....perfectly worthy and thought-provoking threads, I should add...whether one consders these 'splits' depends on what your definition of 'split' is. You've never split a single thread from RT? I don't think the general Cyburbian public is prepared to embrace this sort of....extremism.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    You must understand I didn't create RTDNTOTO. I inherited the thread from my predecessor. Yes, some threads were apportioned different positions in cyberspace under my watch....perfectly worthy and thought-provoking threads, I should add...whether one consders these 'splits' depends on what your definition of 'split' is. You've never split a single thread from RT? I don't think the general Cyburbian public is prepared to embrace this sort of....extremism.
    Of course I've never split a thread, how could anyone manage that with you in charge?

Folks, are you not tired of this politispeak? It's time to put someone in charge who will work with both the Splittter Party and the Post Count Party for the good of Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    The Post Count Party does not have a small tent. We allow users of all experience. You have 2 posts, you are welcome. You have 14k posts, you are welcome. We don't try and divide the RTDNTOTO into sections like the Splitter Party is hoping to do.

As for my quote from 2005, it was taken completely out of context. The entire quote was really:

"I will seek out and destroy anyone who tries to split threads in the RTDNTOTO, for the sake of all of the posts in Cyburbia"

As you can see in context I strongly support the Post Count of the RTDNTOTO. I also was a leader in 2011 to get to 8k... when they said it couldn't be done, I worked across party lines to loosen regulations on post quality to get to our overall quantity. It is a numbers game, and I am the best in town.

I met a guy in the Transportation Forum that said his family was affected by Maister's thread splitting.

Maister was overheard counting to his children recently. He said, "1, 2, 3, 5". His child asked him where the 4 went. His reply was, I split it off to a new set of numbers. As you can see Maister hates children.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Sorry Mastiff, but I believe that gregd01 is the only viable independent candidate. I expect him and his military spec sniper rifle will take out both thread-splitters and post-counters with true impartiality.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    can't we all just get along?

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    can't we all just get along?
    Heretic! Burn her!

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    What about buying a copy of teh squirrel in NL Christmas Vacation:
    http://www.redriderleglamps.com/prod...882&position=1
    OR
    wearing this t-shirt:
    http://www.redriderleglamps.com/prod...882&position=1

Anybody photoshop the t-shirt as their avartar ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    As you can see in context I strongly support the Post Count of the RTDNTOTO. I also was a leader in 2011 to get to 8k... when they said it couldn't be done, I worked across party lines to loosen regulations on post quality to get to our overall quantity. It is a numbers game, and I am the best in town.
    This type of comment is so typical of what we see with Post Count candidates. WHY are we talking about 2011? Last I checked it's 2012 and it appears I am the leader in RT posts. As to changes in post quality, I would remind my opponent that I was a pioneer in that field. I invented slacking. Years before he made his first post on RTDNTOTO I was busy starting entire polls about mundane topics ranging from personal aesthetic preferences to vegetarianism!

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Why did it take Maister 10 days to acknowledge that a splitterrorist organization had claimed responsibility for the decimation of RTDNTOTO? Really...blaming it on a APA flash mob? For shame!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Why did it take Maister 10 days to acknowledge that a splitterrorist organization had claimed responsibility for the decimation of RTDNTOTO? Really...blaming it on a APA flash mob? For shame!
    As head of the FAC I don't have the luxury of turning a random thread split into a talking point.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    This type of comment is so typical of what we see with Post Count candidates. WHY are we talking about 2011? Last I checked it's 2012 and it appears I am the leader in RT posts. As to changes in post quality, I would remind my opponent that I was a pioneer in that field. I invented slacking. Years before he made his first post on RTDNTOTO I was busy starting entire polls about mundane topics ranging from personal aesthetic preferences to vegetarianism!
    As my opponent has clearly stated, he is just as old as his ideas. Although I agree we shouldn't live in 2011, it was the best year in the RTDNTOTO was it not? Shouldn't we learn from our experience, that what is working is the Post Count Party, not the Splitter Party.

My opponent clearly recalls his mundane polls, but forgets how much he has hurt the average Poster.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner View post
    Sorry Mastiff, but I believe that gregd01 is the only viable independent candidate. I expect him and his military spec sniper rifle will take out both thread-splitters and post-counters with true impartiality.
    Lies! It's a smear campaign!

Registered
    Feb 2004

Typical person who votes for Mastiff
    Last edited by Maister; 05 Nov 2012 at 5:16 PM.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 06 Nov 2012, 1:17 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last post: 31 Aug 2012, 2:31 PM
  3. Cyburbia Fantasy Football 2012
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 02 Aug 2012, 8:52 PM
  4. Replies: 3