Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Secret Santa - Who is in?

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    Well, upon tracking my package, I mistyped the street address and some other person was the recipient of my gift. After trying to talk with the USPS, I gave up and reordered.... it still will arrive before Christmas.
    oh that stinks!

hey post pics of gifts folks! I wanna see those slippers!

I played this year and have most of my things for my victim - likely will not mail until Thursday or Friday so it might be pre New Year's

If you are having difficulty mailing, shopping, etc., remember you have until January 5th!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Package is on its way via USPS. My hope is that they don't screw it up... they said 2-3 days... which means Wednesday or Thursday look out for that gem of a package....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Well, upon tracking my package, I mistyped the street address and some other person was the recipient of my gift. After trying to talk with the USPS, I gave up and reordered.... it still will arrive before Christmas.
    Funny how nobody cares if someone else steals mail. We have a neighbor with a similar address to has trashed lots of our mail, stolen packages, USPS and FedEX don't give a damn.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I got my awesome gift from TOFB but I can't get it off my iPhone as a pic so I posted it to Facebook

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    I got my awesome gift from TOFB but I can't get it off my iPhone as a pic so I posted it to Facebook
    For those of us who don't / won;t do FB, please tell us what it is...
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    For those of us who don't / won;t do FB, please tell us what it is...
    what should be the new Secret Santa criteria - local identifying items.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Dec 1998
    It arrived this past Saturday. I've been wanting to read this book for awhile. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	51hKdCHaXIL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	5070

On another note, my victim's gift will be shipped today, and will (hopefully) arrive by the weekend.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    My Secret Santa gift is southbound!

Then again, everything is south of here. It's expected to be delivered on Friday.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Secret Santa 2012 2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	5071

Here you go!

Registered
    Apr 2006
    I purchased my gift yesterday and was heading to the post office and figured I should wrap them first. Guess what I forgot to do last night. They will be mailed tomorrow and hopefully arrive in time. What is the etiquette on identifying yourself?
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    I purchased my gift yesterday and was heading to the post office and figured I should wrap them first. Guess what I forgot to do last night. They will be mailed tomorrow and hopefully arrive in time. What is the etiquette on identifying yourself?
    It's your choice to alert them on who you are or not!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    What is the etiquette on identifying yourself?
    By sending a gift you are most likely giving up your anonymity.... so it is up to you on how you want to talk about yourself... since you have the name of the person you are sending it to it seems reasonable to give your name with your Cyburbian name so people can relate the two.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    It's your choice to alert them on who you are or not!
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    By sending a gift you are most likely giving up your anonymity.... so it is up to you on how you want to talk about yourself... since you have the name of the person you are sending it to it seems reasonable to give your name with your Cyburbian name so people can relate the two.
    Thanks for the input! I was not sure if it was gosh to include who you were...or in this case you know my real name but you would have to do some searching to find my Cyburbia name.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Aug 2004
    I stopped by the UPS place today and sent my package north. It should arrive on Monday! I'm glad I had an older gentleman - I don't think he could hear the sloshing sound coming from inside the box.

I realize there's no acknowledgement of my real name anywhere on the box. I also signed the card and gifts with my Cyburbia name. I don't know why I didn't put my real name on there somewhere this year . . .

In related news, I received my SS gift from Mud Princess today!

Sorry about the paper towel - the bag of coated chocolates busted open, and there were little pieces of the topping all inside the box. Usually I would share, but I think hubby's outta luck this year!

*dog not included in gift - the little stinker already lives here!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Salmissra View post
    In related news, I received my SS gift from Mud Princess today!

Sorry about the paper towel - the bag of coated chocolates busted open, and there were little pieces of the topping all inside the box. Usually I would share, but I think hubby's outta luck this year!

*dog not included in gift - the little stinker already lives here!
    Glad you received it! Sorry about all the little non-pareils or whatever they are called...

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Glad you received it! Sorry about all the little non-pareils or whatever they are called...
    Knowing you, at first I thought it was bird seed! . . .

The chocolate stayed in the paper wrapping, so I had a few - just to taste, of course - and now the rest are in a ziploc bag. The dark chocolate bar is in the fridge.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 2004

An unidentified object was found....

Federal authorities holding a suspicious object that was taken into custody in Appleton, WI on Tuesday afternoon. A five digit number starting with an odd digit was found on the outside, even though it was otherwise covered in unusual cryptic markings. If it all checks out, it will likely be released from custody sometime early next week.

Mike

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries

JNA Rocks!

Pleasantly surprised to get my SS package delivered to the office this afternoon. JNA did an awesome job, two coffee mugs from Angel Mounds and the Audubon State Park as well as some background literature and post cards.

"He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Package finally sent 2 day priority. After seeing everyone's pictures it will be apparent that I was not as creative as everyone else.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    USPS is prioitizing my gift on its way south of me, that's just how special I am.

Don't worry Brocktoon, you're not the only one who wasn't feeling particularly creative.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    USPS is prioitizing my gift on its way south of me, that's just how special I am.

Don't worry Brocktoon, you're not the only one who wasn't feeling particularly creative.
    I was creative.... so whoever gets my gift should plan on a golden gift. Err something like that....

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I just learned that I cannot ship my gift... Someone was going to get a fine assortment of Michigan Brews. Looks like I will have to find a new gift and drink the beer.

*** Unless someone knows of another way to send beer legally ***
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Aug 2005
    why no mister postmaster, that's root beer!

remember you have until January 6th so don't panic quite yet!

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    I just learned that I cannot ship my gift... Someone was going to get a fine assortment of Michigan Brews. Looks like I will have to find a new gift and drink the beer.

The men in Brown (UPS) will take it - the men in Blue (USPS) will not.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post

How do you define legally?
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Closed thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Secret Santa 2013
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 178
    Last post: 22 Jan 2014, 9:21 AM
  2. Secret Santa 2010
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 174
    Last post: 23 Jan 2011, 7:38 PM
  3. Secret Santa 2005