Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Secret Santa - Who is in?

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Quote Originally posted by mgk920 View post
    Assuming that it was affixed with a meter stamp from Metarie, LA, it was passed to me by a Federal agent just as I was about to check the forvms right now!

Lots of kewl SE LA stuff that I will be going through when I have some more time later this evening! Images will be forthcoming.

Danke!

Mike
    Oh, so that was my box that had to be examined by the Feds??? Now I'm wondering what I did to send up the red flag. Oh well, at least you got it now.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    OK... now that I've dealt with my wife's surgery and the holiday nightmare, my belated SS gift is working its way to the southern tier of New York.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Here is the delightful assortment of gifts I got from LP!

Click image for larger version

Name:	12-28-12.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	5076

Consists of a coffee mug, balsam bag, tote, two (personal collection) jazz CD's, post cards, community promotional literature, and a nice card. Thank you once again!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    So I am going to ask again... no one has gotten a gift from me yet? I sent the package on December 17. I was under the assumption that it would get there before Christmas.....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Nothing here yet. I put my USPS on hold for this week, while I was out of town.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Here is the delightful assortment of gifts I got from LP!

Attachment 5076

Consists of a coffee mug, balsam bag, tote, two (personal collection) jazz CD's, post cards, community promotional literature, and a nice card. Thank you once again!
    I meant to put a note on those postcards - those are done by my friend Jenn - larger versions of those are sold to people all over the world for mucho bucks - who knew a collection of flotsam and jetsom (sp) set up in rows and photographed in super white light could be so popular in the art world? all the power to her - my daughter has hers framed in her apartment at school - so yeah, take care of those!

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Nothing has arrived in the foothills of NC yet.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Nothing received here yet, either.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Okay - I will do a formal check in with everyone next week as the deadline is the 5th (actually it's the 6th which is epiphany but that's a Sunday) - hopefully everyone has mailed something and if you haven't mailed anything, get on it!

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    Arrived home to find a package from TIDE. Coffee with mug and a battleship bottle opener. Enjoying the first cup of coffee in the mug now. Love it! Thanks Tide.
    Glad you got it, hopefully Christmas Eve, that's what the man told me. Figured as a public servant you were a coffee drinker. The coffee choices were between that and "Battleship Bold" - I went with the obvious choice.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Jan 2006
    I went in special to work yesterday to see if my gift came. For some stupid reason, there it was sitting in the basement all alone. A private mesage was sent to SW MI Planner. Awesome and needed gift, thanks again!!!!!

Registered
    Aug 2002

Another gift received

I discovered a box on the ground next to the garage this afternoon. (USPS apparently can't figure out where our front door is located.) It was my official Cyburbia Secret Santa Gifttm from mgk920: a box of balled up newspaper? a really nice soy candle from a local company. It has a wonderful scent. Thanks!

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    I discovered a box on the ground next to the garage this afternoon. (USPS apparently can't figure out where our front door is located.) It was my official Cyburbia Secret Santa Gifttm from mgk920: a box of balled up newspaper? a really nice soy candle from a local company. It has a wonderful scent. Thanks!
    Y/W!

I had fun shopping for it, too!

Mike

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I am sorry...

I have not mailed out my gift yet. Big Brown said that they need to check on the regulations because my beer selection needs to go out of state. In state they can, out of state they say I might need some type of licence.

Purple and Green are looking into the same thing.

I have a back up gift, but I will not know until tomorrow at the soonest.
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Suburb Repairman View post
    OK... now that I've dealt with my wife's surgery and the holiday nightmare, my belated SS gift is working its way to the southern tier of New York.
    Got it! Thank you so much! We used the salsa and vinderpants on NYE. I'm looking forward to reading the books. They will help me towards my 2013 reading goal.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Got it! Thank you so much! We used the salsa and vinderpants on NYE. I'm looking forward to reading the books. They will help me towards my 2013 reading goal.
    By the way, Jenny Lawson is a local author and that book is one of the single funniest books I've read in a long time.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    I am sorry...

I have not mailed out my gift yet. Big Brown said that they need to check on the regulations because my beer selection needs to go out of state. In state they can, out of state they say I might need some type of licence.

Purple and Green are looking into the same thing.

I have a back up gift, but I will not know until tomorrow at the soonest.
    Did they make you tell them what was in it? I just told them it was fragile.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Okay so PM me if you have not either:

received your gift
    sent your gift

thanks!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    My gift is already headed north.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005
    very good, kind sir...

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Hey Dan, we had the Sheldrake chardonnay with dinner tonite.

RJ posted the pic in the wine thread.

Anyway, it was light and crisp and went well with the chicken and red potatoes RJ cooked for dinner. Thanks!!

p.s. the name. Anything to do with the Sheldrake from "Dirty Dancing"?

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    I went in special to work yesterday to see if my gift came. For some stupid reason, there it was sitting in the basement all alone. A private mesage was sent to SW MI Planner. Awesome and needed gift, thanks again!!!!!
    Decided the brew was too good for the office. Going home tonight.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    Decided the brew was too good for the office. Going home tonight.
    Nice! I usually get the flavored grounds, so good to hear the non-flavored is good as well!

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Thanks to Otis for his outstanding beer selections & various things from the Oregon Coast! I got home from a short vacation to find the package at my front door. Threw those bad boys in the freezer for a half-hour and they were good to go!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Suburb Repairman View post
    Thanks to Otis for his outstanding beer selections & various things from the Oregon Coast! I got home from a short vacation to find the package at my front door. Threw those bad boys in the freezer for a half-hour and they were good to go!
    You're very welcome. I'm glad it arrived safely. I initially was going for an "Otis" theme (including "Oatis") but decided to expand it a bit.

Closed thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Secret Santa 2013
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 178
    Last post: 22 Jan 2014, 10:21 AM
  2. Secret Santa 2010
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 174
    Last post: 23 Jan 2011, 8:38 PM
  3. Secret Santa 2005