Urban planning community

Poll results: Which will you miss / crave ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twinkies

4 19.05%
  • CupCakes

7 33.33%
  • Ding Dongs

3 14.29%
  • Ho Ho’s

4 19.05%
  • Sno Balls

2 9.52%
  • Donettes

1 4.76%
  • Other

3 14.29%
  • Blame Management

9 42.86%
  • Blame the Union

1 4.76%
  • "Tweenkies"

0 0%
Multiple choice poll
+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Hostess product wil you miss ?

Registered
    Jun 2003

Which Hostess product wil you miss ?

Would you miss or crave ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Would you miss
    None of them. Which is the real reason they're going out of business. They stopped evolving and making relevant products. I don't buy any of their products and can't remember the last time I ate a twinkie.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I grew up on Ho-Ho's and I used to trade them in the school cafeteria for Fritos becasue my Mom wouldn't buy Fritos because they were junk food - ah, life in the early 70's!

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Supposedly the shut down won't affect production of Hostess products in Canada, which are produced under license by other companies. And so the next part of Canada's plans for world domination comes to pass. First Bacon Crackers, now Twinkies!

Oh, JNA, you left off Michaelskis's favourite Hostess snack...the "Tweenkie".

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner View post
    Oh, JNA, you left off Michaelskis's favourite Hostess snack...the "Tweenkie".
    We wouldn't want him to feel left out. Consider it fixed!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    I can't remember the last time I've had a Hostess product. It has got to have been at least 10 years ago though. So I can't really say I'm sad to see Hostess go. However it'd be a completely different story if it was Little Debbies...

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I blame everybody! The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker. What a bunch of twinkie ding dongs, not a pair of sno balls in the bunch. Certainly not the hostess with the mostest, not with those cupcakes. Ho ho, didn't eat them then, donette them now.

Cautionary story: We had a cat that would climb to the top of the refrigerator to tear into packages of unopened Twinkies. She died of cancer. Draw your own conclusions.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Dec 2008
    At the risk of being low-brow and a junk-food eater I ate a Ding Dong yesterday. The feeling I get while unwrapping that foil must be something like an alcoholic feels as the ice is dropping into his scotch glass. Yeah. Ding Dongs I would miss. I like them frozen. I would wear a suit made out of Ding Dongs and eat myself naked if that didn't seem like such a weird thing to want to do. Maybe forget that part but I still really really really like Ding Dongs.

God Bless and Keep You, King Ding Dong. You'll still be in my heart.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    At the risk of being low-brow and a junk-food eater I ate a Ding Dong yesterday. The feeling I get while unwrapping that foil must be something like an alcoholic feels as the ice is dropping into his scotch glass. Yeah. Ding Dongs I would miss. I like them frozen. I would wear a suit made out of Ding Dongs and eat myself naked if that didn't seem like such a weird thing to want to do. Maybe forget that part but I still really really really like Ding Dongs.

God Bless and Keep You, King Ding Dong. You'll still be in my heart.
    So many things about this post are wrong.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    You probably don't want to know how I feel about ice cream, huh? It's a stronger feeling than this....
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Mar 2004
    No wonderbread?

I have to agree with those who say I will not miss them. Several months back I bought an apple pie. It cost about $1.50 and tasted like flat oily crust and applesauce. This was a far cry from the ones of my youth that we flakey, sugar coated and contained apple chunks.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Tell me about it. I think, however it was a candidate for P.O.T.Y. material. Do you realize how much territory he covered in the Land of Wrong, with but a single paragraph?
    Let's see:

1. he confessed to eating kiddie junk food yesterday
    2. he confessed to eating kiddie junk food yesterday
    3. likening consumption of kiddie junk food with an addictive mind-altering substance
    4. that whole suit of frozen Ding Dongs hints powerfully at chronic undifferentiated schizophrenia
    5. throwing in the image of ursus naked has just caused me to experience a minor brain aneurism
    6. there was no soundtrack but I am reasonably certain he was singing that as he posted
    7. sorry but including a bro fist is a truly pathethic attempt to achieve street cred or solidarity with others
    8. it sounds like he's involved in a relationship with industrial food. This can't end well
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I am laughing so hard at ursus' post - that does certainly beat your word girl reference this monring - omg - you rock my friend...

did you look at the similar threads at the bottom here: product recalls? LOL

Registered
    May 2004
    I'm not in the habit of eating ding-dongs but he does have a way with words. Perhaps their true error was not hiring ursus for an advertising campaign.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    I'm not in the habit of eating ding-dongs but he does have a way with words. Perhaps their true error was not hiring ursus for an advertising campaign.
    15 second spot -
    Scene: a white padded room. ursus is wearing a straight jacket that has been completely covered with frozen ding-dongs. He is writhing around in a vain attempt to reach with his mouth a Ding dong located on his lower abdomen.
    Ursus: want my ding-dong...want my ding-dong...want my ding-dong...want my ding-dong.....
    Announcer (over): Those who truly appreciate the finest baked confections will go to extraordinary efforts to obtain the very best: Hostess.
    Ursus: want my ding-dong...want my ding-dong....want my ding-dong...
    [Hostess theme music up]
    [fade]

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    My consumption of Hostess products is limited to maybe twice a year when I am in a convenience store and want a cupcake or a ding dong.

Ursus is a good guy, but I will be a long time trying to erase the thought of him eating himself naked by eating his Ding Dong suit.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Cupcakes, but not the chocolate ones. The golden ones are the best...particularly in the morning with a Mtn Dew...breakfast of champions.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

None of them tasted like they did in the 60's................

Had a friend that saved a twinkie for 10 years, I think the gas that developed in the bag exploded it.................

Hostess Cupcakes were OK, get to that creamy middle.............

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by johnelsden View post
    ....get to that creamy middle.............

...wait for it...

...that's what she said!
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

The occasional twinkies, but there was just something about the green sno balls during St. Patrick's Day

As for our ursine friend's comments. Isn't there some sort of program where conselors come in and talk to people who have had tramatic experiences. We are talking years of therapy here.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    You probably don't want to know how I feel about ice cream, huh? It's a stronger feeling than this....
    What would you do for a Klondike bar?

We could begin a new thread about how much ursus likes his frozen foods.

Registered
    Nov 2006

Fat Cat

Havent seen Wonder Bread in years. Mrs Katt and I did love the Twinkies. We often wondered what the shelf life was, but never had the will power to find out

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I hate to break the good news to you, but Hostess brands aren't going anywhere. The recipes and brands will be snapped up in the liquidation process, likely by a competitor; my money's with Bimbo, although I wouldn't count Little Debby out.

Don't blame the unions. Blame mismanagement.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    I hate to break the good news to you, but Hostess brands aren't going anywhere. The recipes and brands will be snapped up in the liquidation process, likely by a competitor; my money's with Bimbo, although I wouldn't count Little Debby out.

Don't blame the unions. Blame mismanagement.
    But, but mskiis said it was the union's fault.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    None of them. Which is the real reason they're going out of business. They stopped evolving and making relevant products. I don't buy any of their products and can't remember the last time I ate a twinkie.
    What btrage said.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 28
    Last post: 29 Jan 2013, 4:06 PM
  2. Product Recalls
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 21 Feb 2008, 10:57 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last post: 11 Oct 2006, 5:33 PM
  4. Replies: 48