Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Hello from Down Under

Registered
    Nov 2012

Hello from Down Under

Hi,

My name is Chris and I am from Perth, Western Australia. I am currently studying, finishing my third year in Urban and Regional Planning. I have been lurking these forums as a guest and have decided to join because this looks like a great community. I am interested in doing an internship or unpaid work experience, however this is proving to be very difficult as few companies require interns. If anyone has any advice on internships in Perth that would be great.

Thanks for reading!
    Chris

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Chris, welcome from the Great State of Ohio. I spent a good portion of a year in Australia (albeit the Melbourne area), and love the country because of it. We have many Aussie planners who are around. Glad to have you.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from New York!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Closed thread