Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Ask me anything

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    If you got a penny for your thoughts, how much money would you make a day?
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    If you got a penny for your thoughts, how much money would you make a day?
    I have thoughts almost every day. I suppose I would therefore make .01 per day.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I have thoughts almost every day. I suppose I would therefore make .01 per day.
    Why do birds fall down from the sky, every time you walk by?
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Why do birds fall down from the sky, every time you walk by?
    Funny, I thought they suddenly appear every time you are near.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    1) the Minnow
    2) The steer inn
    I thought that was a particularly intriguing question as well. The fact that you want to answer it (when the thread clearly identified the questions were for ME) can only mean one thing....

THREAD SPLIT TIME, BABY!

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Who wrote the Book of Love?
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2005
    What should I eat for lunch? I've already had a bagel with cream cheese, so should keep it fairly light.

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    IThe fact that you want to answer it (when the thread clearly identified the questions were for ME)
    THREAD SPLIT TIME, BABY!
    A bit miffed are we? How about splitting "Our Secret Affair with Dandy?"
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Nov 2009
    If you could travel back in time, would you move relative to the Earth's position in space at that time? If so, does that imply that one's ability to travel through time is linked to the surface of the planet?
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    How does one manage to not stab themselves in the eyes or ears when being forced to watch Judge Judy at volume 45?
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    What should I eat for lunch? I've already had a bagel with cream cheese, so should keep it fairly light.
    I suggest a turkey sandwich
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    A bit miffed are we?
    The doctor has upped my Thorazine dosage. I believe with several years of therapy I may someday learn to forgive you but right now it's still too fresh to talk about it.
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner
    How about splitting "Our Secret Affair with Dandy?"
    Tempting, but we've got enough dandy-inspired splits going on right now.
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    If you could travel back in time, would you move relative to the Earth's position in space at that time? If so, does that imply that one's ability to travel through time is linked to the surface of the planet?
    Time is a measurement of objects moving through points in space. So relatively speaking - yes (assuming you - an object - were located at a point in space on the surface of the planet).
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    How does one manage to not stab themselves in the eyes or ears when being forced to watch Judge Judy at volume 45?
    Sorry honey, I can't hear you, the tv is too loud!

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3