Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 349

Thread: The song title/lyrics discussion thread

  1. #251
    Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Location
    De Noc
    Posts
    17,699
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight
    Gonna grab some afternoon delight
    My motto's always been, when it's right it's right
    Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night
    When everything's a little clearer in the light of day
    And we know the night is always gonna be here anyway
    Because the night belongs to lovers
    Because the night belongs to lust
    Because the night belongs to lovers
    Because the night belongs to us
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)


    Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

  2. #252
    Cyburbian Otis's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Upper left edge
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Because the night belongs to lovers
    Because the night belongs to lust
    Because the night belongs to lovers
    Because the night belongs to us
    I wanna kiss you all over
    And over again
    I wanna kiss you all over
    Till the night closes in
    Till the night closes in

  3. #253
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    I wanna kiss you all over
    And over again
    I wanna kiss you all over
    Till the night closes in
    Till the night closes in
    I woke last night to the sound of thunder
    How far off I sat and wondered
    Started humming a song from 1962
    Ain't it funny how the night moves
    When you just don't seem to have as much to lose
    Strange how the night moves
    With autumn closing in
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

  4. #254
    Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Location
    De Noc
    Posts
    17,699
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    I woke last night to the sound of thunder
    How far off I sat and wondered
    Started humming a song from 1962
    Ain't it funny how the night moves
    When you just don't seem to have as much to lose
    Strange how the night moves
    With autumn closing in
    Autumn comes, the summer is past,
    Winter will come too soon.
    Stars will shine clearer, skies seem nearer,
    Under the harvest moon.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)


    Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

  5. #255
    Cyburbian ursus's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    3,813
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Autumn comes, the summer is past,
    Winter will come too soon.
    Stars will shine clearer, skies seem nearer,
    Under the harvest moon.
    No summer's high, no warm July
    No Harvest Moon to light one tender August night....
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

  6. #256
    Cyburbian otterpop's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Down by Dun Ringill
    Posts
    5,895
    Blog entries
    6
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    No summer's high, no warm July
    No Harvest Moon to light one tender August night....
    Shine on, shine on
    Harvest Moon up in the sky
    I ain't had no loving
    since January, February,
    June or July
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

    ~ Otterpop ~

  7. #257
    Cyburbian Mud Princess's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    Shine on, shine on
    Harvest Moon up in the sky
    I ain't had no loving
    since January, February,
    June or July

    Shine on you crazy diamond
    Well, you wore out your welcome with random precision,
    Rode on the steel breeze.
    Come on you raver, you seer of visions, come on you painter,
    You piper, you prisoner, and shine!

  8. #258
    Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Location
    De Noc
    Posts
    17,699
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Shine on you crazy diamond
    Well, you wore out your welcome with random precision,
    Rode on the steel breeze.
    Come on you raver, you seer of visions, come on you painter,
    You piper, you prisoner, and shine!
    Lucy in the sky with diamonds
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)


    Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

  9. #259
    Cyburbian Otis's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Upper left edge
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Lucy in the sky with diamonds
    'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!

  10. #260
    NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Jukin' City
    Posts
    16,474
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
    And if you blue sky mining company won't come to my rescue
    If the sugar refining company won't save me

    Who's gonna save me?

    But if I work all day on the blue sky mine
    There'll be food on the table tonight
    Still I walk up and down on the blue sky mine
    There'll be pay in your pocket tonight

  11. #261
    Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Location
    De Noc
    Posts
    17,699
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    And if you blue sky mining company won't come to my rescue
    If the sugar refining company won't save me

    Who's gonna save me?

    But if I work all day on the blue sky mine
    There'll be food on the table tonight
    Still I walk up and down on the blue sky mine
    There'll be pay in your pocket tonight
    Mister blue sky please tell us why
    You had to hide away for so long
    Where did we go wrong?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)


    Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

  12. #262
    Cyburbian Otis's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Upper left edge
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Mister blue sky please tell us why
    You had to hide away for so long
    Where did we go wrong?
    Mister Sandman, bring me a dream
    Make him the cutest that I've ever seen
    Give him two lips like roses and clover
    Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over

  13. #263
    NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Jukin' City
    Posts
    16,474
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Mister blue sky please tell us why
    You had to hide away for so long
    Where did we go wrong?
    How can we dance when our earth is turning
    How do we sleep while our beds are burning
    How can we dance when our earth is turning
    How do we sleep while our beds are burning


    OK, that didn't work...literally. But I see a connection. **shrugs shoulders**

    Guess who is listening to Midnight Oil this evening?

  14. #264
    Cyburbian Plus dandy_warhol's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Location
    meh.
    Posts
    8,339
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    How can we dance when our earth is turning
    How do we sleep while our beds are burning
    How can we dance when our earth is turning
    How do we sleep while our beds are burning


    OK, that didn't work...literally. But I see a connection. **shrugs shoulders**

    Guess who is listening to Midnight Oil this evening?
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. Cause your friends don't dance And if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

  15. #265
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,559
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. Cause your friends don't dance And if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.
    People let me tell you 'bout my best friend,
    He's a warm hearted person who'll love me till the end.
    People let me tell you bout my best friend,
    He's a one boy cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  16. #266
    Chairman of the bored Maister's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on my 15 minute break
    Posts
    17,806
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. Cause your friends don't dance And if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.
    Friends. How many of us have them. Friends. Ones you can depend on.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

  17. #267
    Cyburbian Otis's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Upper left edge
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Friends. How many of us have them. Friends. Ones you can depend on.

    Ah, you're my best friend
    (You are my best friend)
    And I love you so well
    Till the end of time you won't see me

  18. #268
    Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Location
    De Noc
    Posts
    17,699
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Ah, you're my best friend
    (You are my best friend)
    And I love you so well
    Till the end of time you won't see me
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)


    Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

  19. #269
    Cyburbian Otis's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Upper left edge
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Why can't we be friends
    Number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine

  20. #270
    Chairman of the bored Maister's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on my 15 minute break
    Posts
    17,806
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine
    I got nine lives. Cat's eyes. Abusing every one of them and running wild
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

  21. #271
    Cyburbian ursus's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    3,813
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I got nine lives. Cat's eyes. Abusing every one of them and running wild
    Hot Child in the city.....running wild and looking pretty....
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

  22. #272
    Cyburbian otterpop's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Down by Dun Ringill
    Posts
    5,895
    Blog entries
    6
    Looking for love in all the wrong places
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

    ~ Otterpop ~

  23. #273
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    Looking for love in all the wrong places
    Fat man sitting on a little stool,
    Takes the money from my hand while his eyes take a walk all over you,
    Hands me two tickets, smiles and whispers 'good luck',
    Cuddle up little angel, cuddle up my little dove,
    While we ride on down into this tunnel of love
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

  24. #274
    Chairman of the bored Maister's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on my 15 minute break
    Posts
    17,806
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Fat man sitting on a little stool,
    Takes the money from my hand while his eyes take a walk all over you,
    Hands me two tickets, smiles and whispers 'good luck',
    Cuddle up little angel, cuddle up my little dove,
    While we ride on down into this tunnel of love
    Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin world go round
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

  25. #275
    Cyburbian otterpop's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Down by Dun Ringill
    Posts
    5,895
    Blog entries
    6
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin world go round
    Don't wanna be a fat man
    Cuz people would think
    I am just good fun
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

    ~ Otterpop ~

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

  1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 04 Sep 2013, 8:26 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last post: 07 Jan 2013, 10:49 PM
  3. Rules discussion thread
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 16 Mar 2012, 9:37 AM
  4. School Help Needed - Song Lyrics
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 18 Jul 2007, 11:11 PM